this week's bulletin
|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Stewart Combs
Worship Leader: Ed
Music: Joyce, Eun Jin
|Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
Ushers: Dave, Garth
July 23, 2017
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 76 - Praise, I will praise you, Lord
HWB 106 - All Hail the power of Jesus' name
HWB 5 - There is a place of quiet rest
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Pastor Werner
There is no Children’s Sunday School for the summer
MVS Sharing: Max Wahl
Share & Prayer
Song: STJ 96 - I'm pressing on the upward way
Meditation: Stewart Combs
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: STJ 31 - He came down
- Parents of children: Boxes are available in the sound room for activities and colouring sheets for your children
to use during the worship service. Please take home all sheets that you complete.
- NEXT SUNDAY is our joint worship service with First Church of God in Holyrood Park. Join us to worship our
Lord outside in His beautiful creation! Bring a lawn chair and a snack to share following the service. In case of
rain, we will meet together at First Church of God (9224 - 82 St)
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (25th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. You are welcome
to join us!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (25th) Hosts: Doreen, Diane; Set up: Dave
- CHURCH WEDDING SHOWER for Ruthiee De Jong and Daniel Moniz: We will have a potluck after church on
Sunday, August 13th. All are welcome to come and celebrate!
- On Monday July 17 Dan Jack, moderator of MC Alberta, passed away after experiencing a sudden medical
emergency. He had spent the weekend in hospital and on life support. Please keep his wife Marguerite and the
rest of his family in prayer. A funeral service is planned for 1:30 pm on July 28 at First Mennonite Church in
- Pray for traveling mercies for Thomas as he is in Liberia.
- Pray for Richard as his grandfather has passed away.
- Pray for justice for Ann’s brother, Vince.
- Pray for Aaron who has recently undergone bowel surgery.
- Pray for Eun Jin’s daughter.
- Pray God’s comfort for Eunice and her family, as she mourns her husband Thomas.
- Pray for Esther and her family, as her niece in Liberia died.
- Pray for Chris, as he moves back to Montreal.
- Hannah Loewen is at her home in Leduc with congestive heart failure. Please pray for her.
- Pray for Dixon as he searches for employment.
- Please pray for Norm Nicholson as he recovers from bladder surgery, which he had in Alberta. Pray that he will
be able to join his family in Burkina Faso quickly.
- Calvary greetings from Pastor Simon Onyango in Uganda. The Lord continues to guide us in His work. We have
organized a leaders' conference 24th - 27th July 2017. Please pray with us that this exercise may go on well.
- Camp Valaqua is eagerly seeking Adults with a willing heart and love of camp to help as Kitchen Volunteers
for most weeks of summer. Discounts are available to the children and grandchildren of volunteers. This is an
amazing opportunity to be a part of the Camp Valaqua story and see our young leaders in action! Please
contact the Valaqua office if you are able to help for a week or a part of a week. Valaqua@xplornet.com
- Mennonite Disaster Service (MDS) receiving financial donations for forest fires in British Columbia. People in
BC have already lost houses to the fires and we are planning for MDS volunteers to help in the recovery phase
of this disaster. MDS is accepting financial donations for that recovery. For further updates on the MDS
response and financial donations go to https://mds.mennonite.net/ or call the MDS office at 1-866-261-1274.
- Mennonite Church Alberta (MCA) is looking for a creative person to serve as Communications Assistant for 10
hours per week from July 30, 2017 to December 31, 2017. More details can be found on the MCA Website at
www.mennonitechurch.ab.ca. Applications are requested by July 24, 2017.
- Golf for MCC in Tofield. Support MCC's work in Food projects. More info and registration at
mccab.ca/golf-tofield. Early bird registration: by Aug 15 for a chance to win a Fitbit!
- MCC Alberta is inviting applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Manager for the Edmonton Thrift Shop.
Application deadline is Sept 11. For more information contact Iliana at email@example.com. To view full job
description and to apply, please visit bit.ly/EdmontonMCCThrift
- MCC Alberta Annual General Meeting: Sept 30, 2017 - to be hosted at the Springridge Mennonite Church in
Pincher Creek. Guest speaker Alex Awad. Coffee at 9:30 am, meeting to start at 10 am. Everyone Welcome!
- Peace Bursary: MCC Alberta is now accepting applications for the annual Peace Bursary. Five bursaries ($300
each) are available for post-secondary students interested in peacebuilding. Visit mccab.ca/peace-bursary to
apply online! Deadline: Aug. 25
- Future Directions Update: Working Group Reports on various proposed re-organized ministries of MC Canada
and Area Churches are now available at http://futuredirectionsmc.ca/documents/
- In response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s call to adopt and comply with the United
Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Mennonite Church Canada has recently created a
beautiful book of poetry and prayer reflecting on each article of the Declaration. Borrow or purchase from
CommonWord - www.commonword.ca/go/1211
- Assembly Registration is open! You are invited to register for the October 13-15 special 2017 Assembly in
- Team Captains wanted! Get your feet tuned up to walk or ride in the fantastically fun national Ride for Refuge
on Saturday, Sept. 30 in several locations across Canada. The Ride for Refuge is a family-friendly
cycling/walking fundraiser that partners with MC Canada to help the displaced, vulnerable and exploited. Be a
part of the “Mennonite Church Canada” team in support of the Witness workers of your choice. Register at
https://rideforrefuge.org/charity/mennonitechurchca or contact Jason Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.