this week's bulletin
|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Jackson
Music: African Team
|Greeters: Ike, Millie
Ushers: Eunice, Dave
April 22, 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: Insert: What Shall I Say to the Lord?
I am on the Lord’s Side
Are You a Winner?
You Alone Will Be My God
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Joyce
Sunday School is dismissed for ages 4 - Grade 4 ~ Teacher: Dorathy
Share & Prayer
Song: I Feel the Presence of God
Scripture Reading: Acts 4:5-12, 1 John 3:16-24 (Page 1142, 1280) ~ Edward
Meditation: “Resurrection Authority” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: Yahweh I Zuo
You Are Great!
- A reminder that there is NO Discipleship Circle this evening.
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (24th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (24th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl; Set up:
- Council Meeting: Tuesday (24th) at 6:30 pm.
- WAHOO!-REGISTRATION IS OPEN for the annual MCA Women's retreat which will be held June 8-10, 2018
at the Sunnyside Retreat Centre in Sylvan Lake. Our speaker is Rachel Miller Jacobs, Associate Professor of
Congregational Formation at AMBS and the theme will be "Ordinary Forgiveness". Come relax, laugh, and be
strengthened in your walk with Christ and connect with other women from across the province. Registration is
open online at www.mcawomen.ca. All are welcome!
- Pray for healing for Patrick’s mom, as she has hurt her knee.
- Pray for Eunice’s granddaughter Naomi who was in hospital with a breathing problem.
- Pray for Alma Burkholder, who is in the hospital with low heart functions.
- Pray for Esther’s father in law, for healing for his foot.
- Pray for Stewart Combs’ wife, who has been diagnosed with low grade lymphoma.
- Pray for Eunice’s son David, and her daughter Ruth.
- Please pray for Sahr and his family, as they lost two cousins in Africa. Pray also for two others, who were in a
- Pray for Guenther’s friend, Margaret, as she transitions to the Glenrose care centre.
- Pray for Joyce’s sister, Doris, as she begins chemotherapy for breast cancer.
- Pray for Helena’s co-worker, Diana.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to attend church on a regular
basis: Ray and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, Hannah Loewen, George Varghese, Paul White.
- CANCELLED - Stories from East Africa with Ken & Laura Litwiller – Mon. April 23. The Litwillers have needed to
cancel their trip to Alberta for personal reasons.
- MCC THRIFT SHOP UPDATE: As you have heard MCC Thrift Shop is moving! If you are interested in
volunteering some skilled or unskilled labour, or simply want more information as to what stage the renovation
is at and what you can do to help, please call or text Travis Padgham 780.932.1053.
- Attention all Registered Nurses (RN’S): The “Parish Nurse Working Group”, of First Mennonite Church
Edmonton, would like to invite and sponsor ($) all registered nurses, interested in exploring the calling of a
Parish Nurse, to attend this local conference. The Canadian Association for Parish Nursing Ministry’s (CAPNM)
National Conference and AGM (www.CAPNM.ca) will be hosted in Edmonton, this May 24-27, at Taylor College
& Seminary. You do not need to be a member to attend the conference. If you are interested, please contact
Dawn Marie Friesen at email@example.com .
- The Columbian Youth Choirs - Saturday April 28 at 7 pm at Grace United Church - 6215 104 Ave. See poster
on the bulletin board for more details.
- Tuesday, May 1, 7:30 pm, join The Augustana Choir (University of Alberta-Augustana Campus, Dr. John Wiebe
director) for Imagine… - a concert of a cappella choral music, at Southminster-Steinhauer United Church,
10740-19 Ave. This concert explores the musical imagination, with songs about flying, dreaming, the prairies
and more. We are proud to join with the Edmonton Youth Choir for this concert. Admission by donation
- Camp Valaqua’s Spring Work Day is coming up on May 5. Join us as we prepare camp for summer. Help
split wood, set up tipis, and maybe even shovel snow! But hopefully not. We’ll get started at 9am. Lunch is
- Blue Quills University Learning Tour (http://www.bluequills.ca/) : Join a field trip to this unique First
Nations university near St. Paul, Alberta. Learn more about the school's history and its commitment to the
integration of Indigenous and modern ways of knowing. Cost is $75 per adult. Participants will meet Saturday,
May 12 at 8:00 a.m. at the Fort Saskatchewan Safeway plaza @ the corner of Highways 15 and 22, bus to the
site, and return about 5:00 p.m. Please contact Jim Shantz with MCC Alberta (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any
questions or to indicate interest in participating.
- Online Registration is open for Summer 2018 www.campvalaqua.com (403) 637-2510
- MCC Charity Auction and Sale - June 1 & 2 at Didsbury Memorial Complex. Please consider what you could
donate! Quilts, woodwork, pottery, crafts, tickets for a hockey game, or theatre - all proceeds support
international ministries. For more information or to register donated items, please visit mccreliefsale.com
- MCC Learning Tour to Nepal - November 2018 - Learn first-hand about the ministry of MCC and our partners
in Nepal, including the ongoing earthquake response. For more info, visit mccab.ca/lt-nepal
- Graduating from high school and looking for something to do this summer? Camp Valaqua is seeking
applications for Female Counsellors. Candidates must have completed high school by July. Interested?
Contact Valaqua at Valaqua@xplornet.com or head to campvalaqua.com to learn more.
- Camp Valaqua is also seeking applications for Head Cook and Assistant Cook positions. Positions are paid and
room and board is provided. Email: email@example.com
NEXT SUNDAY (29th)
- Speaker: Jim Shantz
- Worship Leader: Dorathy
- Music Team: TBA
- Children’s Feature: Helena Ball
- Sunday School Teacher: Esther
- Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
- Ushers: Roland, Thomas
- Scripture Reader:
- Food Bank (1st) Host(s): Doreen
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.