this week's bulletin
|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Thomas
Music: African Team
|Greeters: Ann, Doreen
Ushers: Brock, Carol
July 21, 2019
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: My Jesus Promised He Will Never Fail
Receive My Praise, Oh Lord!
Lord You Are So Good
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Helena C
Share & Prayer
Song: Glory Be to God in the Highest
Scripture Reading: Matt 6:5-13, Matt 7:7-11 (Page 1012) ~ Venisa
Meditation: “Discipleship and Prayer” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: Great Things He Has Done
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (23rd) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome to
- Food Bank: Tuesday (23rd) - Hosts:
- Save the Date! Sunday, August 11th will be our annual church Service in Holyrood Park with First Church of
God and Braemar Baptist Church. Mark your calendars to join us outside at the park to worship God in the
beauty of His creation.
- Praise for the birth of CJ and Cecelia’s new baby boy.
- Pray for Esther’s cousin Finda, who has had her sixth surgery, and is recovering from infection.
- Please pray for Carol’s friend who has been in hospital with stomach problems and has contracted a super bug.
- Please pray for Gertrude, who has been very sick. Please pray for her kids.
- Pray for Thomas and his family, as they mourn the loss of Thomas’ mother.
- Please pray for Amie’s dad who has been in pain on and off for a year.
- Reuben is now home from hospital, but has a long road to recovery. He has a blood clot in his lungs and pain in
his bones, making walking difficult. Continue to keep him, his family, and the South Sudanese Church in your
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to regularly attend church: Ray
and Ginnie Brubaker, George Varghese.
- Camp Valaqua welcomes donations of cookies for their campers & staff to enjoy throughout their busy
summer. Donations of homemade or store bought cookies are welcomed, and can be brought directly to Camp
Valaqua or connect with Deanna Willms (403-815-5597) for assistance in delivery.
- Golf for MCC in Tofield, Sept 7. Support MCC's international and local ministry! More info and registration at
- Grow Hope with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land for $300 in fields
near Carstairs and Fort Saskatchewan and your donation will grow to as much as $2,500 for food assistance
work in the developing world. The farmers will farm the land and forward the proceeds to MCC & CFGB. Learn
more at mccab.ca/grow-hope
- Save the date for the MCC Conference - Sept 28 in Calgary. More details to come.
- Are you interested in working on the peace agenda with Project Ploughshares, Edmonton? Ploughshares
Edmonton annually recognizes Edmontonians who have made a significant contribution to building peace in
Edmonton and organizes the Hiroshima memorial. If this interests you and you would like more information,
please call Dave Hubert at 780-462-6234 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Tuition Assistance for Post-Secondary Students - MCA offers tuition assistance for any MCA students
attending a post-secondary Mennonite / Anabaptist affiliated institution or program. Application is available at
www.mennonitechurch.ab.ca. Deadline to apply is July 31, 2019.
- Ride for Refuge 2019 - Join Mennonite Church Canada October 5, 2019, partnering with the Ride for Refuge
in raising support for International Witness ministry. The Ride takes place in major cities across Canada, at the
same time on the same day. Last year, 75 riders on 12 teams raised just under $20,000 in support of
Mennonite Church Canada International Witness ministry. Please join us again this year! Register at:
https://rideforrefuge.org/register Questions or more information, please contact Jason Martin Director,
International Witness: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit MC Canada’s website for stories, photos and videos from Gathering 2019. Firestarter stories,
workshops, Elaine Heath and more. Updated as resources become available. Check back to see what is new.
NEXT SUNDAY (28th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: CJ
- Music Team: Joyce, Eun Jin
- Scripture Reader: Zipporah
- Children’s Feature: Puppets
- Greeters: Ike, Millie
- Ushers: Dave, Garth
- Food Bank (30th) Hosts:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.