this week's bulletin
|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: CJ
Music: Joyce, Eun Jin
|Greeters: Ike, Millie
Ushers: Brock, Garth
June 25, 2017
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs of Praise: HWB 12 - Come, let us all unite to sing
STJ 43 - My faith has found a resting place
STJ 29 - You are all we have
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Puppets
There is no Children’s Sunday School for the summer
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 420 - Heart with loving heart united
Scripture Reading: Psalm 116:1-12, 12-19; Matt 9:35-10:8 (Page 642, 1017) ~ Venisa
Meditation: “Commissioned!” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 433 - Go, my children
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (27th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. You are welcome
to join us!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (27th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl; Set up:
- Council Meeting: Tuesday (27th) at 6:30 pm
- Women’s Group: Wednesday (28th) at 7 pm at the church.
- You are invited to the CPI AGM at the home of Gordon and Wendy Baergen on June 25. The AGM will kick-off
with a pot luck BBQ at 5:00 P.M. The meat and fixins will be provided, but when you RSVP to the Baregens
(780-467-6559, e-mail: email@example.com) that you plan to attend, could you let them whether you can
bring a salad or dessert? Thank you. Join us for an evening in a beautiful setting for a CPI update, good food
and good fellowship. If you need directions to the Baergens, ask when you RSVP. They they will send a map.
Don't forget to bring a lawn chair and bug spray.
- MCC has received requests for 1600 more Relief kits than they currently have in stock at their Canadian
warehouse. The goal here in Alberta is to contribute between 300 and 400 of those kits. Would you please
consider collecting kits or kit items with your family, friends, or small group? These items would need to be in
the Calgary warehouse by July 19, so that they can reach Manitoba to be shipped overseas at the beginning of
August. Any questions? Please call Linda at the MCC Office. Thanks in advance for your generous response.
- Pray for Aaron who has recently undergone bowel surgery.
- Pray God’s comfort for Eunice and her family, as she mourns her husband Thomas.
- Pray for Esther and her family, as her niece in Liberia died.
- Pray for Mary Bundor, who has a c-section scheduled for June 27.
- Pray for Chris, as he moves back to Montreal.
- Hannah Loewen is at her home in Leduc with congestive heart failure. Please pray for her.
- Pray for Dixon as he searches for employment.
- Please pray for Norm Nicholson. Norm has been having health issues off and on for the last month and last
week he went to a doctor to get checked out. The procedure that the medical staff in Bobo wants to do/is
suggesting to do is rather invasive. He and Lillian feel more comfortable continuing the process in Ouaga so are
moving their family to the capital city once more for an indefinite period of time. Please pray that this issue can
be easily treated.
- Calvary greetings from Pastor Simon Onyango in Uganda. The Lord continues to guide us in His work. We have
organized a leaders' conference 24th - 27th July 2017. Please pray with us that this exercise may go on well.
- FRIESEN FAMILY BAND IN CONCERT: July 1 – Lendrum MB Church, 11210 59th Ave, 7:30 pm Admission by
donation. Come be inspired by FFB's trademark faith-folk music
- AN EVENING OF CLASSICAL MUSIC WITH THE FRIESENS: From Baroquetrumpet to Romantic piano July 2 –
First Mennonite Church, 3650 91st St, 7:30 pm Admission: $20 adults / $10 students
- ***Urgent Need*** MCC Alberta is in urgent need of 400 Relief kits for Ukraine by July 19th! Consider
collecting kit contents with your small group, family, friends or church. The value of one kit is approx $50
(including shipping & the bucket!). Contact Linda at 403-275-6935 or bit.ly/MCCKits
- MCC Alberta is inviting applications for a Full time (1.0 FTE) Manager for the Edmonton Thrift Shop.
Application deadline is July 3rd. For more information contact Iliana at firstname.lastname@example.org. To view full job
description and to apply, please visit bit.ly/EdmontonMCCThrift
- Golf for MCC in Tofield. Support MCC's work in Food projects. More info and registration at
mccab.ca/golf-tofield. Early bird registration: by June 30 for 2 chances or by Aug 15 for 1 chance to win a Fitbit!
- Special Mennonite Church Canada Assembly: Registration is now open for the Special Delegate Assembly
planned for October 13-15 in Winnipeg. The agenda will include decisions about the future structure of the
Mennonite Church at a provincial and national level. Congregations are encouraged to send a full slate of
delegates to this important time of worship, decision-making, and sharing about the movement of God's Spirit.
See http://www.cvent.com/d/c5q8ft for registration details. See http://futuredirectionsmc.ca/ for draft
documents and proposals. Note: Watch for the complete Future Directions proposal, available in early July.
- Summer is an opportunity to take out the lawn chair or beach blanket and read! CommonWord’s 9th annual
Summer Reading list (items for sale or loan) is available.
- Visit AMBS! Consider scheduling a personal visit to learn more about how Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical
Seminary’s on-campus and distance programs can serve your educational goals. Meet students and professors
in person, attend classes, join us in worship and get first-hand information about financial aid and scholarships.
- Advanced Spiritual Guidance Seminar. Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary’s yearlong supervised
program in spiritual guidance is for people who offer spiritual direction and wish to enhance their skills. It will
be offered in a hybrid format. Online work begins Aug. 14, 2017. On-campus dates are Sept. 11–12, 2017, and
April 23–25, 2018, in Elkhart, Indiana. http://www.ambs.edu/lifelong-learning/advanced-spiritual-guidance
NEXT SUNDAY (2nd)
- Speaker: Donna Entz
- Worship Leader: Ike
- Music Team: Ruth, Emily
- Children’s Feature: Ruth
- Scripture Reader:
- Sound: Max
- Ushers: Brock, Roland
- Greeters: Helena
- Food Bank: Tuesday (4th) Hosts: Set up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.