this week's bulletin
|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Tim Wiebe-Neufeld
Worship Leader: Jackson
Music: Joyce, Emily
|Greeters: Ann, Lisa
January 19, 2020
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 76 - Praise, I will praise you, Lord
HWB 167 - For God so loved us
HWB 341 - Jesus loves me
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Joyce
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 521 - Come, thou fount
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 4:1-7, 11-16; Ephesians 2:10 (Page 1226)
Meditation: “A Vision-Led Way of Life” ~ Tim Wiebe-Neufeld
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 420 - Heart with loving heart united
- Pastor Werner will be away Jan. 17-21 visiting with his parents in Ontario, as his mother is ailing.
- Food Bank: Tuesday (21st) Hosts: Ben, Pearl
- Elder’s Meeting: Tuesday (21st) at 6 pm.
- "Becoming an Ally - Breaking the Cycle of Oppression" - Book discussion group. "Becoming an Ally" has
been recommended by indigenous partners and members of other communities with whom MCC, Dona Entz and
others work. A monthly discussion of this book by Ann Bishop will take place at Randy Haluza-DeLay's home
(3823 62 St. NW Edmonton). The first meeting is MONDAY JANUARY 27th, 6:30 PM. If you are interested please
contact Jim Shantz at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or just show up. Randy has copies of the book available ($30).
- Please pray for the Chokpelleh family, as they have lost a family member.
- Pray for Werner’s mother, as she recovers from her broken hip.
- Please pray for Ann’s neighbour.
- Praise that Helena’s hand has been improving.
- Please pray for Betty as she waits for the final stages of chemotherapy.
- Please pray for Antoinette and family as they grieve the loss of her uncle.
- Pray for MCN to find a new Director.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to regularly attend church: Ray
Brubaker, George Varghese.
- Coffee and Conversation this Tuesday (21st) at 10:00 at Lendrum Mennonite Church - Dave Hubert will be
providing a full report on the happenings of Canadian Peacemakers International in Honduras and beyond.. All
- The Ahmadiyya Muslim Community of Edmonton invites you to attend a special Interfaith event "Pathway
to Peace" - Religious Founders Day, on Thursday, January 30 at 6:30- 8:30 pm. We will hear perspectives from
speakers representing Judaism, Christianity, Sikhism, Hinduism and Islam on the "Pathway to Peace". Please
attend with your family and friends. See the poster on the bulletin board for more details. Location: Northgate
Lions Recreation Centre, 7524 - 139 Av NW, Edmonton. Please register at:
- Hymn Sing: Join the Mennonite and Catholic communities for an evening of singing together on January 31 at
7:00 pm at Lendrum Mennonite Church (11210-59 Ave NW). We will be exploring the history of our music by
singing songs from the various eras. Everyone is welcome to join us for this time of singing and refreshments.
- 3rd Annual Trivia Night! Camp Valaqua's third annual trivia night is happening this February 8th at 6:30.
Both Calgary (Foothills Mennonite Church) and Edmonton (First Mennonite) will be hosting again this year.
Everyone is welcome! The cost will be $20 at the door and donations will be taken. Sign up with a team or as a
individual by emailing Kevin @ email@example.com (Calgary) or Dan @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- MCA Annual Delegate Session - Save the Date - March 20-21 at First Mennonite in Edmonton. Launching
year 1 - Encountering, Embracing, Embodying Christ in Life. Registration coming soon.
- Camp Valaqua - Summer Registration is OPEN! campvalaqua.com
- MCA Women's Retreat - Save the Date - June 5-7 in Sylvan Lake.
- Work Experience with World Experience: MCC Webinar - Are you a young adult (ages 18-30) interested in
international service with MCC? Join us for a webinar on January 22, 2020 from noon - 1:00 p.m. (EST) to learn
about our year-long, Christian cross-cultural service experience, SALT (Serving and Learning Together), as well
as service worker, internship and career opportunities both here at home and around the world. Register today
at mcc.org/service-webinar! Space is limited.
- The Mustard Seed would like to invite you and your family to join them on Saturday, February 22 for
Coldest Night of the Year 2020 and briefly share the experience many vulnerable men and women experience
every day without a home. When we walk together and raise support we can put empathy and compassion to
work in a tangible way! Saturday, February 22, 4 – 7 pm (Dinner included) at Trinity Lutheran Church, 10014
81st Avenue NW. To register or volunteer visit the seed.ca , or if you have questions contact Alexandra at
780-426-9090 or email at AlexandraScivoletto@theseed.ca.
NEXT SUNDAY (26th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Joseph
- Music: Joyce, Eun Jin
- Children’s Feature: Helena
- Scripture Reader: Zipporah
- Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
- Usher: Dave
- Food Bank (28th): Host(s) Ben, Pearl
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.