|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Patrick Kukanu
Worship Leader: Jackson
Music: African Team
|Greeters: Millie, Ike
Ushers: Ron, Roland
September 3, 2017
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: Receive My Praise, Oh Lord!
What Shall I Render to You Oh God!
I am on the Lord's Side
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Ike
There is no Children’s Sunday School for the summer
Share & Prayer
Song: Great Things He Has Done
Scripture Reading: Exodus 3:1-15 (page 60)
Meditation: “Moses: A Step in God's Journey of Creation” ~ Patrick Kukanu
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: It is Marvelous
- Food Bank: Tuesday (5th) Hosts: Diane, Doreen; Set up:
- Sunday School Resumes NEXT SUNDAY, September 10th.
- Communion: We will be celebrating communion together next Sunday (10th). Please take time this week to
prepare your hearts and minds.
- Conference Newspaper Writer: A writer is needed for the Mennonite Conference Newspaper to report
Holyrood Mennonite Church activities and hi-lights. See Millie Glick or Guenther Toews for further details.
- Edmonton MCC Thrift Shop needs volunteers! We need sorters, pricers and small appliance testers. We
are also looking for volunteers to pick up used furniture once a week. For more information please call Lorie at
- Pray for Ruthiee De Jong and Daniel Moniz as they begin the journey together as husband and wife.
- Please continue to keep the Lauber family in your prayers, as they mourn the loss of Whilma.
- Please pray for Eunice’s immigration application for her daughter Ruth and grandson David.
- Pray for traveling mercies for Thomas as he is in Liberia.
- Pray for justice for Ann’s brother, Vince.
- Praise God for a successful surgery for Aaron, who is now back at work. Pray for a full recovery.
- Pray God’s comfort for Eunice and her family, as she mourns her husband Thomas.
- The unprecedented flooding in South Texas caused by Hurricane Harvey has impacted millions of lives. Please
pray for the survivors as they return to their communities and rebuild. If you wish to contribute to the disaster
relief please contact Mennonite Disaster Service.
- Pray for peace in our world. Horrific violence is displacing hundreds of thousands in the Congo, with many
Mennonite congregations affected. Pray for the Mennonite leaders in Congo as well as other agencies abroad
that are hard at work planning relief and peace efforts. Pray for the Mennonite congregations there as they
minister. May God’s light speak into hearts of darkness.
- North Edmonton Ministry: Please buy tickets for the Edmonton Muslim Film Festival called "Mosquers",
September 9 at the Winspear. www.themosquers.com/tickets/
- Golf for MCC in Tofield this coming weekend Sat. Sept 9. Support MCC's Food projects. More info and
registration at mccab.ca/golf-tofield. If you would like to give to MCC, consider sponsoring David Lefever who will be golfing at this tournament.
- Taize Prayer Service: September 10th at 7 pm at First Church of God (9224 - 82 Street)
- On September 27, 2017 The Mustard Seed is hosting “End Poverty Edmonton” at Commonwealth Stadium
Green and Gold Room. The event will start at 1:30 pm and end at 3:00 pm. Councillor Michael Walters will be in
attendance and light snacks/refreshments will be provided. We would love to have you join us! Please RSVP by
September 4, 2017 to Morgan Shott at (780) 233-3008 or email@example.com
- The Edmonton MCC Thrift Shop Board will continue receiving applicants interested in the position of Thrift
Shop Manager until September 11th. All interested applicants please apply at
- MCC Alberta Annual General Meeting: Sept 30, 2017 - to be hosted at the Springridge Mennonite Church in
Pincher Creek. Guest speaker Alex Awad a Palestinian Christian. Coffee at 9:30 am, meeting to start at 10 am.
- HELP DISPLACED PEOPLE IN DR CONGO: Conflict in the Kasai region of the Democratic Republic of the
Congo has displaced 1.4 million people, including 8,000 Mennonites. A Congolese assessment team found a
severe lack of food and increasing malnutrition. Families left their fields and animals and food that is available
is very expensive. An Anabaptist response is underway by Congolese Mennonite and Mennonite Brethren relief
committees, coordinated by MCC and supported by global and Canada- and U.S.-based Anabaptist
organizations. Your gift will help provide food, household items and shelter supplies. Donate online at
mcccanada.ca/congo-relief or by phone, 1-888-622-6337; mail cheques to your local MCC office.
- Please pray for Special Delegate Assembly 2017 (Oct. 13-15, Wpg.): Discernment Documents are now
available at www.futuredirectionsmc.ca. These documents share important background and proposals for the
re-organization of our Five Area Churches and MC Canada. Register for Special Assembly by September 8 and
save $$. Register online at http://home.mennonitechurch.ca/winnipeg2017.
- Celebrate the 13 Teams that have already registered for Ride for Refuge Team on Saturday, Sept. 30!
Become a team captain and encourage the ministry of Witness workers who live far from home and families as
they serve the church through International Ministry. Register at
https://rideforrefuge.org/charity/mennonitechurchca or contact Jason Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Thanks be to God for Brad Leitch of Rebel Sky Media, who produced a documentary recording the shared
experience of non-Indigenous and Indigenous walkers participating in the Pilgrimage for Indigenous Rights,
April 23 - May 13, 2017. The Pilgrimage advocated for the adoption and implementation of the United Nations
Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People. Watch the video at https://youtu.be/0soSTguQ4JQ .
NEXT SUNDAY (10th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Dorathy
- Music Team: Ruth, Emily
- Children’s Feature: Ruth
- Sunday School Teacher: Theresa
- Scripture Reader: Venisa
- Sound: Brian
- Ushers: Brock, Antoinette
- Greeters: Ann, Grace
- Food Bank: Tuesday (12th) Hosts: Diane, Doreen; Set up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.