|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Donita Wiebe-Neufeld
Worship Leader: Jackson
Music: Joyce, Eun Jin
|Greeters: Ike, Millie
Ushers: Brock, Carol
September 16, 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 648 - Morning Has Broken
HWB 41 - Come, thou Almighty King
HWB 46 - I sing the mighty power of God
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Joyce
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 454 - Seed, scattered and sown
Meditation: Donita Wiebe-Neufeld
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Celebration of Communion
Song: HWB 154 - This is my Father's World
- The adult Sunday School class begins this morning at 9:30 AM. Ike Glick will be leading a series titled “Peace
by Peace.” All are welcome, including first time attenders! If you missed out this week, plan to join us next
- Food Bank: Tuesday (18th ) Hosts: Diane, Doreen
- Elder’s Meeting: Friday (21st) at 6 pm
- A HUGE THANK YOU to Margot Brunn, Teri Buttrey and Carol Lint for cleaning the EMVS on Sat. Aug. 25th.
- A BIG WELCOME to our 3 new VSers, Leander, Milena and Birta, as well as to our IVEPer, Ian.
- Please be aware that Werner and Joanne have cancelled their home telephone until they return from Ethiopia
- Pray for all of our students and teachers as they enter into a new school year.
- Please pray for Ruth’s sister Betty as she has begun chemo therapy for the diagnosed Non-Hodgkin's
- Pray for Gertrude as she struggles with her daughter’s passing.
- Please pray for Emily’s dad as he suffered an aneurism.
- Praise that Sahr’s mother was able to join him here in Edmonton.
- Pray for Pastor Werner and Joanne as they are away on Sabbatical. Werner will return to the office in early
- Please pray for Mennonite Church Uganda as it is currently in the process of building and raising funds for a new
worship centre which will eventually become its headquarters.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to attend church on a regular
basis: Ray and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, Hannah Loewen, George Varghese.
- New Blood Dance Show - Fri, Sept 21 at 7pm at Maclab Centre (4308-50 St Leduc). The performance tells
the story of Chief Vincent Yellow Old Woman and his experience in residential school, how he reclaimed his life
and became chief of his people. Tickets can be purchased at ticketpro.ca
- Ride for Refuge with MCC Alberta! Join us on Sept 29, 2018 in a bike ride or walk (Calgary, Edmonton or
anywhere!) and raise funds for MCC's local programs. Visit rideforrefuge.org/charity/mccalberta or contact
Angela at email@example.com
- MCC Alberta Annual General Meeting: Sept 29, 2018 - at First Mennonite Church in Edmonton. 8:30 am
coffee; 9 am – noon AGM; ending with lunch at noon.
- From North Edmonton Ministry: The Shaama Centre hosts the 18th Annual Interfaith Multicultural
Celebration (for Women Only) Theme: Relationship between Religion and Politics, October 12, 2018 at Meridian
Banquet Hall 4820-76 Ave. Interfaith Speakers, Entertainment, Dinner, Bazaar. Early Bird Ticket: $30. After
Sept.25 $35. At the door: $40
- The Mosquers is a Muslim film festival that aims to destroy stereotypes about Muslims, and features a good
comedian. 7 pm October 13, at the Winspear. Tickets at http://www.themosquers.com/tickets/
- The annual Christian-Muslim dialogue will be held on October 27, 2018 starting at 10 am. Zaid Al Rawni,
from Burlington, ON is the CEO of Islamic Relief Canada and Dr. John Hartley, from Yale University in New
Haven, CT founded Pathways for Mutual Respect. They will be speaking on the topic of "Experiencing Peace".
Tickets are available through Eventbrite Dialogue October 27.
- Among & Beyond: Learning about North Edmonton Ministry. Save the date, Saturday, November 10,
2018, to gather with Edmonton’s Mennonite congregations for a potluck meal and multi-cultural concert at
Lendrum Mennonite Church. The program includes children’s activities on peace between cultures, and a
presentation/discussion by Donna Entz about what it means to be a witness of Christ. There will also be an
opportunity to support NEM, financially or otherwise. All are welcome to attend! For more information, see the
insert or please contact Robert Proudfoot (telephone: 780-465-6083; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- What's happening in November for MCA? Vision2020 Faith (Re)Focused – MCA’s weekend event Nov 16-17
will begin Phase II in our (re)focusing process. Plan to be involved. More details to come. More information
about Vision2020 is available at www.mennonitechurch.ab.ca
- RJC Homecoming Dinner & Auction: RJC invites all alumni, parents and supporters of the school to the
annual Fall Homecoming & Fundraising Dinner & Auction on Saturday October 27th at RJC at 6pm. This year's
theme is "RJC at the Olympics" where we will be celebrating the Olympic contributions of alumni Wendy Epp,
Kelly Grams and Robyn Regehr. In addition to the featured speakers, RJC is excited to have alumnus Chris Epp
from CTV Calgary as this year's host, as well as alumni led musical entertainment! Tickets are $15 Call:
306.232.4222 or email: email@example.com. Deadline for reservations is October 17.
NEXT SUNDAY (23rd)
- Speaker: Jake Froese
- Worship Leader: Ed
- Music Team: Gordon’s Team
- Scripture Reader: Zach
- Children’s Feature: Puppets
- Greeters: Faye, Helena
- Ushers: Garth, Eunice
- Food Bank (25th) Host(s): Doreen, Diane
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.