|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Jim Shantz
Worship Leader: Ed
Music: Gordon's Team
|Greeters: Faye, Helena
Ushers: Brock, Dave
November 4 , 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: Ppt - Come in and Sit Down
STJ 12 - O Sing to the Lord
CB 106 - Shout to the North
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Puppets
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 306 - In Christ there is no East or West
Scripture Reading: Ephesians 3:14-19 (Page 1226) ~ Tarnisha
Meditation: "Our Kinship in the Human Family" ~ Jim Shantz
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 322 - For We are Strangers No More
- You are invited to join our Sunday School class at 9:30 AM in the basement. For the next months the class
will focus on sermon talk back for the first part of the class and the second part will be spent in prayer. All are
- Food Bank: Tuesday (6th) Hosts: Diane, Doreen; Set up: Dave, Guenther
- Women’s Group: Wednesday (7th) at 7 pm at the church.
- There is a new sign up sheet for visiting elders. If you are able to visit please initial it on the approximate
date. Let’s let our precious senior members know that they are not forgotten and that they are an important
part of our Holyrood family.
- Fall Clothes Line: Thank you to all who supported our Hope Mission Fall Clothes Line!
- Remembrance Day Prayer Service and Prayer Walk for Peace: November 11, 2018, Interdenominational
Prayer Service at McDougall United Church (10025 – 101 Street) at 6:00 p.m. 10th Annual Interfaith Prayer
Walk for Peace at 7:00 p.m. at Churchill Square in downtown Edmonton. The events are sponsored by the
Edmonton Ecumenical Peace Network and MCC–Alberta. For info: Scott Key at (780) 435-1628 or
- Our thoughts and prayers go with Patrick Kukanu and family as they remember his mother who passed away in
Ghana. Please pray that Patrick will be able to attend her funeral.
- Remember Werner and Joanne in prayer in their continued interactions with students, mentoring and teaching
at Meserete Kristos College. May the students be inspired by teaching on Anabaptism and encouraged by
Werner and Joanne's commitment to demonstrating God’s love through relationship building. Werner will
return to the office in early January.
- MC Canada Congregations Called to Prayer - MCA is inviting all congregations to join in a nationwide call to
prayer for comfort and strength for our Jewish faith communities, particularly those here in Canada and the
USA. In the wake of the Pittsburgh massacre of Jewish worshipers this week, all congregations in MC Canada
are being asked to pray this Sunday for Jewish faith communities that have been impacted by this act of
violence. Please join your sister congregations in lamenting all forms of violence against those who are different
from us. Pray that those who grieve may be enfolded in God’s comforting embrace and that God’s healing power
might restore shalom in communities whose peace has been shattered by violence. May our prayers stand in
solidarity with all who call on God in this time of sorrow and grief.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to attend church on a regular
basis: Ray and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, Hannah Loewen, George Varghese.
- Coffee & Conversation -“My Father’s War” a short film by Kate Rittner-Werkman, a local writer with a
background in Journalism who speaks about healing through art after trauma. She has extensively researched
her estranged father's role in the Second World War German side Join us this Tuesday at 10:00 at Lendrum
(11210-59 Ave). All are welcome!
- "Among & Beyond," by North Edmonton Ministry - November 10th, 4:30 pm – 7:00 pm at Lendrum
Mennonite Church (11210- 59 Ave). Engage with Edmonton's multi-cultural Mennonite community while adults
learn from speaker Donna Entz, and each other, about moving beyond negative experiences of sharing our
faith, and exploring personal healthy ways of talking about it to and with others. Children will play cultural
games while learning about peace and a song in Arabic! A concert, which will include Middle-Eastern, African,
and Asian music will follow a potluck meal. Please bring a dish to share. Free with donation opportunity
available. Contact Robert Proudfoot for details: email@example.com/780-465-6083
- 25th Anniversary! First Mennonite Church Christmas Craft Fair and Bake Sale (3650 – 91 Street NW).
Saturday, Nov 17th, 9:30-3:30 - Featuring handmade crafts, baking, cookie walk and coffee and cinnamon
buns, of course! Bring your own shopping bag and be entered into our Christmas draw.
- Steve Bell in Concert. Sun. Nov 18, 6pm at the Zion Evangelical Missionary Church in Didsbury. Come hear
Steve Bell and about MCC's Restorative Justice Program. Tickets are $20 and available online at stevebell.com
- Lendrum's fourth annual craft sale is coming! Join us December 1st from 10:00 am to 2:30 pm (chili lunch
from 11:30 am to 2:00 pm) as we gather together to raise funds and awareness for Youth Unlimited. This
organization helps youth at risk in Edmonton by providing safe places, mentorship, holistic care, and
opportunities to serve others in order to transform the current negative elements they are experiencing in our
culture. Craft purchases will go to the crafters; all other funds raised will go to Youth Unlimited. Interested
crafters can contact Gloria at firstname.lastname@example.org/780-434-4268 for a table.
- Buckets of Thanks: There are more than 24,000 families worldwide who are thankful for Relief kits they
received this year. What are you thankful for? Go to mccbuckets.ca to see how you, your family, office, small
group or classroom can get involved! Contact email@example.com for more info.
- Young Adults. It’s never too early to plan for your further education in September of 2019. Do you know that
both Columbia Bible College in Abbotsford and Canadian Mennonite University in Winnipeg offer full tuition
assistance? Check out the Sheep & Goats MDS Service Scholarship/Bursary at each of the schools’ Financial Aid
page. Application deadline is end of January 2019.
NEXT SUNDAY (11th)
- Speaker: Patrick Kukanu
- Worship Leader: Sue
- Music Team: Joyce
- Scripture Reader: Dixon Jr.
- Children’s Feature: Joyce
- Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
- Ushers: Garth, Thomas
- Food Bank (13th): Host(s): Diane, Doreen; Set up: Dave, Guenther
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.