|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Doreen Neufeldt
Worship Leader: Sue
Music: African Team
|Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
Ushers: Garth, Brock
November 26, 2017
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Songs: What Shall I Render to You Oh God!
Praise the Lord Now
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Diane
Sunday School is dismissed for ages 4 - Grade 4 ~ Teacher: Theresa
Share & Prayer
Song: What is the hope that you have?
Scripture Reading: Philippians 4:8-13 (page 1232)
Meditation: “The Peace that Passes Understanding” ~ Doreen Neufeldt
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: There was a man named Job
- TODAY! Budget Meeting: Please bring a bag lunch and join us for this important meeting following the
worship service today. Your voice matters!
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (28th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome to
- Food Bank: Tuesday (28th) Host: Doreen, Diane; Set up:
- We will be celebrating communion together next Sunday (3rd). Please take time this week to examine your
- Fall Clothes Line: Instead of a “Christmas mitten tree” this year we will be doing a “fall clothes line” in
support of Hope Mission. The congregation is encouraged to donate gifts of socks and underwear for Hope
Mission and hang them on our Fall Clothes Line in the foyer. Of particular need are men’s medium and large
- Can you fill the gaps? Do you have some time on Tuesdays between now and Christmas? Boxes full of TOYS
need sorting, cleaning and pricing at the MCC Thrift Shop on 34th Avenue. Or, do you have some time on
Monday afternoons between now and Christmas? Saturdays and Mondays are main donation drop-off days.
Please consider being part of a processing team at the MCC Thrift Shop on 34th Avenue. Training is provided.
- Pray for our church as we continue the selection process for new elders.
- Pray for Antoinette and the issues surrounding her court case. Pray for truth to prevail.
- Pray for the Uganda Mennonite Church, as one of their church shelters was torn down by the government.
- Saturday, December 2, 7 PM Kings College. Along the Road to Freedom is a collection of 23 paintings done by
Ray Dirks. This exhibit will be displayed to feature women who helped Mennonite people survive after the
Russian Revolution. Only 12,000 ultimately found refuge in North or South America. Survivors who did not
escape were shipped east in boxcars without facilities or food and dumped in the forests of Siberia, left to fend
for themselves. Many did not survive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbnICGNKDRs
- Join Lendrum MB for a Craft Sale on December 2nd from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm as they raise funds and
awareness for the Rebuild program with Youth Unlimited. Rebuild helps youth at-risk gain skills in mechanics
and carpentry while also receiving mentorship from believers whose expertise is in youth. Craft purchases will
go to the crafters; all other funds raised will go to Rebuild. Chili lunch will be served from 11:30 am to 2:00
pm. $7.00 for Individual. $20.00 for families (3+). At Lendrum MB Church (11210 59 Ave).
www.edmontonyouthunlimited.com. Contact Cara at 587-590-7609
- MCC Edmonton Thrift Shop is inviting applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Donation Receiver/Store
Assistant. Application deadline is Nov 30. For more information contact Iliana at email@example.com. Or
- MCC Christmas Giving - Give a gift that is a meaningful expression of God's love! Gifts of food, water, hope,
peace and education. Purchase online at mccab.ca/christmas, in person at Ten Thousand Villages or the MCC
office, or call 1-888-622-6337. Printed booklets are also available.
- The Mennonite Disaster Service All-Unit Meeting is being hosted by Region 5 (Canada) from February
9-10, 2018 in Winkler, MB. This event is open to all who are interested in the work of MDS. For more
information or to register for the event see our website mds.mennonite.net/all-unit-meeting or call our
Winnipeg office at 1-866-261-1274.
- Families with children: Next week is the First Sunday of Advent and the beginning of “Yes! Let It Be!” a free,
downloadable guide for family worship from December 3 to January 6. Pick and choose the activities that work
best for your family. Find it at www.anabaptistfaithformation.org. Also available at
- Nominations are being sought for Joint-Council position - As part of the new MC Canada structure, each
Regional church is to supply two persons to the joint council, a moderator and a member at large. Paul Neufeldt
of Lethbridge currently serves are our acting moderator until the 2018 AGM. Nominations are currently being
sought for the Member-at-Large. The commitment involves four meetings a year and some travel. Please
contact Ruth Friesen, Nominating Committee Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Way of Giving to MC Canada - The delegates at the MC Canada Special Assembly in October approved a
new structure for the national church. The new structure included an updated financial model where the five
regional churches will fund the national church. Rather than local congregations and individuals sending
donations to MC Canada, giving to national programs should be done through MC Alberta starting January 1.We
thank every person and congregation for their funding generosity. We look forward to your continued support as
we shift to a new approach.
NEXT SUNDAY (3rd)
Communion, Advent Begins
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: CJ
- Music Team: Joyce, Eun Jin
- Children’s Feature: Joyce
- Sunday School Teacher: Hajah
- Scripture Reader: Zach
- Ushers: Roland, Eunice
- Greeters: Helena, Ike
- Food Bank: Tuesday (21st) Host: Doreen, Diane; Set up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.