|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Tim Wiebe-Neufeld
Worship Leader: Ike
Music: Ruth, Eun Jin
|Greeters: Grace, Ann
Ushers: Ben, Eunice
November 25, 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Vision 20/20 - Tim Wiebe-Neufeld
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 163 - Obey my voice
HWB 362 - Help us to help each other
HWB 411 - I bind my heart this tide
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Ruth
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 138 - Let God, who called the worlds
Scripture Reading: Hebrews 8:6-13, Matthew 22: 34-40 (Page 1259, 1032)
Meditation: "Confident in the New Covenant" ~ Tim Wiebe-Neufeld
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 478 - Sent forth by God's blessing
- TODAY! Budget Meeting following the worship service. Please bring a bag lunch.
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (27th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (27th) Hosts: Diane, Doreen; Set up: Dave, Guenther
- Council Meeting: Tuesday (27th) at 6:30 pm
- There is a sign up sheet for visiting our seniors. If you are able to visit please initial it on the approximate
date. Let’s let our precious senior members know that they are not forgotten and that they are an important
part of our Holyrood family.
- Pray for Esther’s husband for his work situation.
- Our thoughts and prayers go with Patrick Kukanu and family as they remember his mother who passed away in
- Please continue to pray for Ruth’s sister Betty as she continues chemo treatments.
- Continue to remember Dixon and his family in prayer.
- Remember Werner and Joanne in prayer in their continued interactions with students, mentoring and teaching at
Meserete Kristos College. May the students be inspired by teaching on Anabaptism and encouraged by Werner
and Joanne's commitment to demonstrating God’s love through relationship building. The new women's
dormitory is open and is ready to receive up to 200 women. Pray the Lord would fill those spaces. (Werner will
return to the office in early January.)
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to attend church on a regular
basis: Ray and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, Hannah Loewen, George Varghese.
- Coffee & Conversation. Randy Haluza-DeLay will share his experience with Christian Peacemaker Teams in
Northern Iraq. He was in the Kurdish region on a two week delegation in May of 2018. Come hear why being the
largest ethnic group in the world without their own nation-state is such a significant human rights and
peacemaking issue. Tuesday at 10:00 at Lendrum (11210-59 Ave). All are welcome!
- Lendrum's fourth annual craft sale is coming! Join us December 1st from 10:00 am to 2:30 pm (chili lunch
from 11:30 am to 2:00 pm) as we gather together to raise funds and awareness for Youth Unlimited. This
organization helps youth at risk in Edmonton by providing safe places, mentorship, holistic care, and
opportunities to serve others in order to transform the current negative elements they are experiencing in our
culture. Craft purchases will go to the crafters; all other funds raised will go to Youth Unlimited. Interested
crafters can contact Gloria at email@example.com/780-434-4268 for a table.
- Te Deum Singers present Deo Gloria! a choral concert of works by JCF Bach, John Rutter, Canadian composer
Dr. Mark Sirett, the well-loved Vivaldi's Gloria and spirituals. Directed by Diana Wiens, accompanied by Donna
Noton and orchestra, your spirit will be lifted as the choir welcomes the Advent and Christmas season. Free
admission with donations gratefully accepted to cover costs. Free parking is available at the lots behind the
church and on street. The concerts take place at Lendrum Mennonite Church (11210 59 Ave) on: Saturday,
December 1 at 7 pm, Sunday, December 2 at 2 pm https://tedeumsingers.ca/
- Save the Date for Snow Camp: "Don't Stop Believing" Jan 11-13 Jr & Sr High combined event (Grades 7-12)
- Camp Valaqua is in need of some used vehicles: a 4x4 truck that can handle camp life & a reliable mini van for
- MCC Christmas Giving - Give a gift that is a meaningful expression of God's love! Gifts of food, water, hope,
peace and education. Purchase online at mccab.ca/christmas, in person at Ten Thousand Villages or the MCC
office, or call 1-888-622-6337. Printed booklets are also available.
- MCC Alberta is inviting applications for a part-time (0.7 FTE) Shop Assistant for the Edmonton Thrift Shop.
For more information contact Iliana at firstname.lastname@example.org. To view full job description and to apply, please
- Young Adults. It’s never too early to plan for your further education in September of 2019. Do you know that
both Columbia Bible College in Abbotsford and Canadian Mennonite University in Winnipeg offer full tuition
assistance? Check out the Sheep & Goats MDS Service Scholarship/Bursary at each of the schools’ Financial Aid
page. Application deadline is end of January 2019.
NEXT SUNDAY (2nd)
- Speaker: Jim Shantz
- Worship Leader: Joyce
- Music Team: Gordon’s Team
- Scripture Reader: Venisa
- Children’s Feature: Joyce
- Greeters: Faye, Helena
- Ushers: Garth, Ben
- Food Bank (4th): Host(s): Ben, Pearl; Set up: Dave, Guenther
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.