|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Patrick Kukanu
Worship Leader: Sue
|Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
Ushers: Garth, Thomas
November 11, 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 397 - God loves all his many people
HWB 336 - When peace, like a river
HWB 367 - For the healing of the nations
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Joyce
Share & Prayer
Song: STJ 31 - He came down
Scripture Reading: Psalm 146, Mark 12:38-44 (Page 660, 1062) ~ Dixon Jr, Sue
Meditation: "Choose God's Peace" ~ Patrick Kukanu
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 407 - We are people of God's peace
- You are invited to join our Sunday School class at 9:30 AM in the basement. For the next months the class
will focus on sermon talk back for the first part of the class and the second part will be spent in prayer. All are
- Remembrance Day Prayer Service and Prayer Walk for Peace: November 11, 2018, Interdenominational
Prayer Service at McDougall United Church (10025 – 101 Street) at 6:00 p.m. 10th Annual Interfaith Prayer
Walk for Peace at 7:00 p.m. at Churchill Square in downtown Edmonton. The events are sponsored by the
Edmonton Ecumenical Peace Network and MCC–Alberta. For info: Scott Key at (780) 435-1628 or
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (13th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (13th) Hosts: Diane, Doreen; Set up: Dave, Guenther
- Elder’s Meeting: Friday (16th) at 6 pm
- There is a new sign up sheet for visiting elders. If you are able to visit please initial it on the approximate
date. Let’s let our precious senior members know that they are not forgotten and that they are an important
part of our Holyrood family.
- Fall Clothes Line: Thank you to all who supported our Hope Mission Fall Clothes Line!
- Our thoughts and prayers go with Patrick Kukanu and family as they remember his mother who passed away in
Ghana. Please pray that Patrick will be able to attend her funeral.
- Remember Werner and Joanne in prayer in their continued interactions with students, mentoring and teaching
at Meserete Kristos College. May the students be inspired by teaching on Anabaptism and encouraged by
Werner and Joanne's commitment to demonstrating God’s love through relationship building. Werner will
return to the office in early January.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to attend church on a regular
basis: Ray and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, Hannah Loewen, George Varghese.
- Coffee & Conversation -Unlike most of us, Susan Janzen grew up not knowing who her biological father was
or whether she might have brothers and sisters. This Tuesday Susan will share with you how she discovered her
father and four siblings. This recent discovery has changed how she thinks about herself. Come and hear more
about her amazing journey. Tuesday at 10:00 at Lendrum (11210-59 Ave). All are welcome!
- 25th Anniversary! First Mennonite Church Christmas Craft Fair and Bake Sale (3650 – 91 Street NW).
Saturday, Nov 17th, 9:30-3:30 - Featuring handmade crafts, baking, cookie walk and coffee and cinnamon
buns, of course! Bring your own shopping bag and be entered into our Christmas draw.
- Steve Bell in Concert. Sun. Nov 18, 6pm at the Zion Evangelical Missionary Church in Didsbury. Come hear
Steve Bell and about MCC's Restorative Justice Program. Tickets are $20 and available online at stevebell.com
- Lendrum's fourth annual craft sale is coming! Join us December 1st from 10:00 am to 2:30 pm (chili lunch
from 11:30 am to 2:00 pm) as we gather together to raise funds and awareness for Youth Unlimited. This
organization helps youth at risk in Edmonton by providing safe places, mentorship, holistic care, and
opportunities to serve others in order to transform the current negative elements they are experiencing in our
culture. Craft purchases will go to the crafters; all other funds raised will go to Youth Unlimited. Interested
crafters can contact Gloria at firstname.lastname@example.org/780-434-4268 for a table.
- Shake: Rattled by the Radical - Introducing our electrifying, ground-shaking theme for the all youth (gr.
6-12) gathering, July 28- August 1, 2019, at Shekinah Summer Camp, SK. Grounding ourselves in spiritual
practices and the beauty of Shekinah, we will be invited to draw into deeper relationships with our Creator, and
each other. With no cell service in the Sask River Valley, we will bask in the goodness of being Church together
as we explore how Jesus (the Radical) shakes things up in Scripture, and in our lives today! Follow us on
Instagram @prairieyouth.ca for the latest updates and news, or contact the K&K planners: Kathy Giesbrecht
(MCM), email@example.com; Kirsten Hamm-Epp (MCSK), firstname.lastname@example.org (this was
formerly dubbed "Prairie Youth Gathering")
- Young Adults. It’s never too early to plan for your further education in September of 2019. Do you know that
both Columbia Bible College in Abbotsford and Canadian Mennonite University in Winnipeg offer full tuition
assistance? Check out the Sheep & Goats MDS Service Scholarship/Bursary at each of the schools’ Financial Aid
page. Application deadline is end of January 2019.
NEXT SUNDAY (18th)
- Speaker: Jake Froese
- Worship Leader: CJ
- Music Team: African Team
- Scripture Reader: Helena C
- Children’s Feature: Diane
- Greeters: Ike, Millie
- Ushers: Roland, Antoinette
- Food Bank (20th): Host(s): Diane, Doreen; Set up: Dave, Guenther
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.