|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: CJ
Music: Joyce, Rabea
|Greeters: Faye, Ann
Ushers: Garth, Ben
May 6 , 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 580 - My life flows on
HWB 420 - Heart with loving heart united
HWB 76 - Praise, I will praise you, Lord
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Helena C
Sunday School is dismissed for ages 4 - Grade 4 ~ Teacher: Theresa
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 373 - Thou true Vine, that heals
Scripture Reading: Psalm 98, John 15:9-17 (Page 630, 1130) ~ Dixon Jr
Meditation: “The Joy of New Creation” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: STJ 27 - God of the Bible
- A reminder that Pastor Werner will be out of the office this week as he travels to Ontario for his graduation at
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (8th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. Men and ladies of
all ages are welcome to join us!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (8th) Hosts: Doreen, Diane; Set up:
- NEXT SUNDAY! Our Annual Candy Pin Fundraiser will once again be held on Mother's Day, May 13th!
Come prepared to purchase a candy pin and honour your mother, grandmother, auntie or other mother figure
while supporting a good cause!
- Register TODAY for the annual MCA Women's retreat which will be held June 8-10, 2018 at the Sunnyside
Retreat Centre in Sylvan Lake. Our speaker is Rachel Miller Jacobs, Associate Professor of Congregational
Formation at AMBS and the theme will be "Ordinary Forgiveness". Come relax, laugh, and be strengthened in
your walk with Christ and connect with other women from across the province. Registration is open online at
www.mcawomen.ca. All are welcome!
- Pray for healing for Patrick’s mom, as she has hurt her knee.
- Pray for Eunice’s granddaughter Naomi who was in hospital with a breathing problem.
- Pray for Alma Burkholder, who is in the hospital with low heart functions.
- Pray for Esther’s father in law, for healing for his foot.
- Pray for Stewart Combs’ wife, who has been diagnosed with low grade lymphoma.
- Please pray for Sahr and his family, as they lost two cousins in Africa. Pray also for two others, who were in a
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to attend church on a regular
basis: Ray and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, Hannah Loewen, George Varghese, Paul White.
- Blue Quills University Learning Tour (http://www.bluequills.ca/) : Join a field trip to this unique First
Nations university near St. Paul, Alberta. Learn more about the school's history and its commitment to the
integration of Indigenous and modern ways of knowing. Cost is $75 per adult. Participants will meet Saturday,
May 12 at 8:00 a.m. at the Fort Saskatchewan Safeway plaza @ the corner of Highways 15 and 22, bus to the
site, and return about 5:00 p.m. Please contact Jim Shantz with MCC Alberta (email@example.com) with any
questions or to indicate interest in participating.
- Many thanks to the generous donors who contributed $7,511 to CPI at the Excentrica Benefit Concert on April
22. Honduran students thank you.
- Attention all Registered Nurses (RN’S): The “Parish Nurse Working Group”, of First Mennonite Church
Edmonton, would like to invite and sponsor ($) all registered nurses, interested in exploring the calling of a
Parish Nurse, to attend this local conference. The Canadian Association for Parish Nursing Ministry’s (CAPNM)
National Conference and AGM (www.CAPNM.ca) will be hosted in Edmonton, this May 24-27, at Taylor College
& Seminary. You do not need to be a member to attend the conference. If you are interested, please contact
Dawn Marie Friesen at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Christian Faith Studies: "Listening, Acting, Renewing: Young Adults & the Church" - May 14-16 at Foothills
Mennonite in Calgary. Register for full conference or join us for the evening. Monday @ 7pm: A Time to Listen.
Tuesday @ 7pm: Grown-up: An Evening of Storytelling. For info and to register:
- Mennonite Disaster Service volunteer opportunity in Williams Lake, BC. Fires in central BC in 2017
destroyed thousands of acres of forest as well as many homes. On May 20, MDS will begin rebuilding in the
community and we need volunteers. For more information or to volunteer go to https://mds.mennonite.net or
- Grow Hope North with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land near Fort
Saskatchewan for $300. Local farmers will grow your crop and donate the proceeds to MCC and CFGB. Go to
mccab.ca/grow-hope to donate and find out how your $300 donation could mean as much as $2,500 toward
alleviating hunger around the world! Contact Donita Wiebe-Neufeld at email@example.com for more
- MCC Charity Auction and Sale - June 1 & 2 at Didsbury Memorial Complex. Please consider what you could
donate! Quilts, woodwork, pottery, crafts, tickets for a hockey game, or theatre - all proceeds support
international ministries. For more information or to register donated items, please visit mccreliefsale.com
- MCC Learning Tour to Nepal - November 2018 - Learn first-hand about the ministry of MCC and our partners
in Nepal, including the ongoing earthquake response. For more info, visit mccab.ca/lt-nepal
- MCC Material Resources - In consultation with MCC partners, it has been determined that some of the MCC
kit contents will be changed. For more info, please visit mccab.ca/kits or contact Linda at
LindaDickinson@mccab.ca or 403.275.6935
NEXT SUNDAY (13th)
Mother’s Day, Candy Pin Fundraiser
- Speaker: Donita Wiebe-Neufeld
- Worship Leader: Joyce
- Music Team: Ruth, Emily
- Children’s Feature: Ruth
- Sunday School Teacher: Hajah
- Greeters: Grace, Millie
- Ushers: Roland, Eunice
- Food Bank (8th) Host(s): Doreen, Diane
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.