|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Donna Entz
Worship Leader: Joyce
|Music: African Team
|Greeters: Millie, Faye
Ushers: Garth, Dave
May 28, 2017
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs of Praise: What a Mighty God we Serve
You Are Worthy
You Are Great!
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Puppets
Sunday School is dismissed for ages 4 - Grade 4 ~ Teacher(s): Theresa
Share & Prayer
Song: There Was a Man Named Job
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 49:5,6, John 8:12, Matt 5:14-16 (Page 767, 1120, 1011)
Meditation: “Sharing the Light of Jesus” ~ Donna Entz
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Responsive Reading: HWB 755 - Speak to All the World
Songs: What Shall I Say to the Lord?
Yahweh I Zuo
- Food Bank: Tuesday (30th) Hosts: Doreen, Diane; Set up:
- Women’s Group: Wednesday (31st) at 7 pm.
- Pastor Werner will be presenting the results of his Doctor of Ministry research on Tuesday evening, June 13
at 7 pm at the church. All are welcome!
- Next Sunday we will be celebrating Communion together. Please take time this week to prepare your hearts.
- Hannah Loewen is at her home in Leduc with congestive heart failure. Please pray for her. If any of you would
like to connect with her, she is open to calls or visitors. Her address is 311 Ravine Villas in Leduc. (780)756-1688.
- Pray for Florence’s friends who are needing support and employment.
- Pray for Dixon as he searches for employment.
- Pray for Godfrey and his family as he travels to Tanzania for ministry training at the Mennonite Theological
College of Eastern Africa.
- Pray for the peace initiative that Wendy Martin is undertaking as she partners with MCC in Laos.
- Pray for Liz and the Ryckman family, as they mourn the loss of Todd.
- Featured prayer request from the wider church (to receive regular prayer requests, subscribe to PrayerNet at:
www.commonword.ca/ResourceView/59/7507): Five young adults from the Mennonite congregation and youth
hostel in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso are engaging with disadvantaged children in the distant town of Sapouy.
Pray for a clear understanding of what God is be calling them to do in Sapouy. Pray also for Nancy Frey and
Bruce Yoder, Mennonite Church Canada partners through Mennonite Mission Network, as they support and
encourage these young adults.
- A big THANK YOU to all who came out to volunteer and support MCC Summerfest and Auction.
- Listen, Worship, Praise, Sing! First Mennonite Choir enjoys coming together each Thursday to join our voices
in preparation for Sunday, but also to simply enjoy singing together. This year we welcome you to join us on
Thursday evening June 1, at 7:00pm at FMC (3650 – 91 Street NW) as we present an evening Spring Concert
featuring music we have sung on Sunday mornings, but also some music that we have not had an opportunity
to share. There will be opportunity for fellowship after the program. Come, relax, listen, sing and visit. It should
be well worth it!
- MCC Thrift Shop Volunteer Appreciation Evening at Holyrood Mennonite Church, June 9, 2017, at 6 pm.
- Join us for our annual Hike-a-thon on June 17 and help us raise money to support Camp Valaqua. This
year’s hike will take us to beautiful Chester Lake in Kananaskis. Registration forms and information are
available at campvalaqua.com/events or by contacting the Camp Office. Register as a hiker or sponsor a hiker!
- Camp Valaqua is pleased to invite you to our first ever Garden Party on June 18. Join us for a worship service
at 10am and stay for lunch and some camp activities in the afternoon. The event is free, donations are
- Are you a woman and need refreshment in your walk with God? Come and enjoy a wonderful weekend at
the MCA Women's Retreat at Sylvan Lake, June 9-11th. Come and learn about "wisdom" from our "wise" AMBS
President, Sara Wenger-Shenk. Online registration is open at www.mcawomen.com. Deadline is May 29th.
Don't forget your bathing suit, snacks and talents to share at our awesome Variety Show Saturday Night. Hope
to see you there!
- A new resource on Islam, specifically for churches or groups in AB, is available in Dr. Wes Thiessen. Wes
spent over 18 years living and working in the Middle East and North Africa. With a PhD in Islamic History, he is
an excellent teacher and a gifted interpreter of religion and culture. He can provide informative customized
seminars for any group wishing to better understand Islam and the Muslims living in our communities. You can
contact him at email@example.com
- Emerging Voices Initiative (EVI) invites your enthusiastic support to help youth delegates attend the Special
Mennonite Church Assembly Oct. 13-15. Show your support with a donation via
NEXT SUNDAY (4th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Jackson
- Music Team: Ruth, Emily
- Children’s Feature: Ruth
- Sunday School Teacher(s): Esther
- Scripture Reader: Helena
- Sound: Max, Emmanuel
- Ushers: Roland, Eunice
- Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
- Food Bank: Tuesday (6th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl, Set up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.