|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Jackson
Music: Joyce, Eun Jin
|Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
Ushers: Thomas, Brock
May 27, 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 87 - Great is the Lord
HWB 580 - My life flows on
HWB 614 - In the bulb
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Joyce
Sunday School is dismissed for ages 4 - Grade 4 ~ Teacher: Esther
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 26 - Holy Spirit, come with power
Scripture Reading: Psalm 29, Romans 8:12-17 (Page 582, 1184) ~ Venisa
Meditation: “Life in the Spirit” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 407 - We are people of God's peace
- TODAY IS the last Sunday of Sunday School until the fall. ** Parents of Sunday School children and Sunday
School teachers, please meet in the library after the June 3rd Worship Service to discuss Sunday School for the
- Food Bank: Tuesday (29th) Hosts: Doreen, Diane; Set up:
- Council Meeting: Tuesday (29th) at 6:30 pm.
- Women’s Group: Wednesday (30th) at 7 pm at the church. Come join us!
- Ladies, you are invited to a celebration of Janis Baergen's engagement and upcoming wedding. It will be
held in the Holyrood Mennonite Church basement on June 16th from 1 - 4 PM. A basket will be available for
those who chose to send a card and/or a monetary gift towards a bedroom suite. Let Joyce know if you are
- CALLING ALL WOMEN! The MCA Women's retreat will be held June 8-10, 2018 at the Sunnyside Retreat
Centre in Sylvan Lake. Our speaker is Rachel Miller Jacobs, Associate Professor of Congregational Formation at
AMBS and the theme will be "Ordinary Forgiveness". Come relax, laugh, and be strengthened in your walk with
Christ and connect with other women from across the province. Registration is open online at
www.mcawomen.ca. Deadline is June 3rd. All are welcome!!
- If you have served as a volunteer at the Edmonton MCC Thrift Shop, you are invited to our annual Volunteer
Appreciation Dinner on Friday, June 22, at River West Christian Church (19815-45 Ave.). Doors open at 6pm.
Meal begins at 6:30pm. All attendees are invited to bring one guest. Our theme this year is, "Bloom Where
You're Planted". Please RSVP by June 15 to Sherri Guenther Trautwein, firstname.lastname@example.org or
- We invite prayers of peace and God’s grace for Lillian, Norm, Nadine and Kenneth Nicolson as they transition to
Canada after 20 years of ministry in Burkina Faso.
- Pray for Chris as he looks for employment.
- Pray for Sonja’s daughter Alyssa, who suffers from migraines.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to attend church on a regular
basis: Ray and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, Hannah Loewen, George Varghese, Paul White.
- You are invited to Lendrum Mennonite Church for Coffee and Conversation this coming week with Dr. Colin
Neufeldt on the topic "Mennonite Collaboration with Nazism: The Case of Deutsch Wymyschle, Poland.
Tuesday, May 29 at 10:00 a.m. at Lendrum - 11210-59 Avenue. All are welcome!
- Camp Valaqua Hike-a-thon: June 16 - for more information or to register, please see the bulletin board or go
- Grow Hope North with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land near Fort
Saskatchewan for $300. Local farmers will grow your crop and donate the proceeds to MCC and CFGB. Go to
mccab.ca/grow-hope to donate and find out how your $300 donation could mean as much as $2,500 toward
alleviating hunger around the world! Contact Donita Wiebe-Neufeld at email@example.com for more
- MCC Charity Auction and Sale - June 1 & 2 at Didsbury Memorial Complex. Please consider what you could
donate! Quilts, woodwork, pottery, crafts, tickets for a hockey game, or theatre - all proceeds support
international ministries. For more information or to register donated items, please visit mccreliefsale.com
- MCC partners in Lebanon, Jordan and Bosnia are urgently requesting hygiene kits and relief buckets by June
15. Please consider donating to this urgent need. For kit details mccab.ca/kits
- MCC Alberta is inviting applications for a part-time (0.5 FTE) Communications Coordinator (visit: bit.ly/job-communications). Also looking for a part-time (0.8 FTE) Development Director (visit: bit.ly/job-development)
For more information contact Iliana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MCC Alberta is inviting applications for a part-time (0.8 FTE) Development Director. For more information
contact Iliana at email@example.com. To view full job description and to apply, please visit
- Indigenous-Settler Relations: An 11-person delegation from Mennonite Church Canada and Christian
Peacemaker Teams (Indigenous Peoples Solidarity) are heading to Saddle Lake Cree Nation (Treaty 6) for a
week of learning from Indigenous knowledge keepers, and to participate in a documentary exploring
Settler-Indigenous alliances. Please pray that our conversations and the resulting video project would be helpful
to the wider church and beyond.
- Mennonite Disaster Service is currently preparing to assist ranchers/farmers in the Empress and Hilda areas
along the Alberta – Saskatchewan border who lost miles of fencing in last October’s fires. MDS is proposing a
workcamp in each of the two affected areas July 9 – 14. While this camp would be ideal for church youth groups
it is open to all ages. The work would be a clean-up project pulling staples, rolling wire and removing post
remains. Clients will supply work supervision and equipment. MDS will supply meals and lodging. Volunteers
will need claw hammers, sturdy gloves and sleeping bags. If you or your youth group is interested in serving,
please contact Glen Kauffman (780-712-9064 or firstname.lastname@example.org ) by June 15. Please indicate the
expected number of volunteers, the preferred number of days during that week you wish to work, and if you
have a preference for the location (Empress or Hilda). Final details will be supplied after June 15.
NEXT SUNDAY (3rd)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Ike
- Music Team: African Team
- Children’s Feature: Puppets
- Sunday School Teacher:
- Greeters: Ike, Millie
- Ushers: Garth, Brock
- Scripture Reader: Bokolo
- Food Bank (5th) Host(s): Ben, Pearl
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.