|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Joanne
Music: Gordon's Team
|Greeters: Helena, Ann
Ushers: Dave, Antoinette
May 19, 2019
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: PPT - Come in and sit down
PPT - In Christ there is no east or west
C91 - Unity
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Helena C
Share & Prayer
Song: PPT - Bind us together Lord
Scripture Reading: John 17:20-26, Eph. 1:15-23 (Page 1132, 1224)
Meditation: “United Church” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 322 - For we are strangers no more
- Food Bank: Tuesday (21st) - Hosts: Doreen, Diane; Set up:
- Elders Meeting: Tuesday (21st) at 6 pm.
- Women’s Group: Wednesday (22nd) at 7 pm at the church. Come and be refreshed!
- Girl’s Club: This Friday (24th).
- There will be a Worship Committee Meeting next Tuesday, May 28th at 2:30 pm.
- MCA WOMENS' RETREAT OPEN FOR REGISTRATION at www.mcawomen.ca. : Dates: June 7-9, 2019 at the
beautiful Sunnyside Retreat Centre in Sylvan Lake. Our speaker will be Irma Fast-Dueck, Associate Professor of
Practical Theology at Canadian Mennonite University (CMU). Theme: The Faces of Mary- companion on the
journey. Saturday night Variety show is a real highlight. Come prepared to laugh, cry and be inspired in your
walk with God. DEADLINE to register is June 3rd.
- From Donna at North Edmonton Ministry: Al-Quds Day is a Palestine-focused event sponsored by the Shia
community each year during Ramadan. It will feature a photo exhibition that demonstrates the history of
Palestine since 1900s and a Virtual Reality section for people to get a "feel" of what is going on in Gaza
nowadays. When: Saturday, June 1st, 7:00 to 9:00 pm Where: Alberta Legislative Grounds
- Please continue to pray for Roland, as he recovers from surgery.
- Please pray for Helena’s co worker, Diana.
- Pray for Alma, as she nears the end of her life.
- Please pray for Godfrey, whose brother was killed. Also he has had a break in at his place.
- Pray for Florence as she recovers from her hip replacement surgery.
- Pray for Ruth’s sister Betty as she continues radiation treatment.
- Pray for Arthur from Uganda to find work and to be granted a work visa.
- Pray for Loren & Donna’s daughter as she is in Africa: for healing for her arm, for help for the people, and for
- Pray for the Chinese Church. Young Christian leaders in China are spending time exploring the meaning of
Anabaptist faith and practice. Pray that this new and exciting approach to discipleship will impact their
congregations and strengthen their faith. Pray also for Chinese church leaders as they face growing political
pressure and increasing restrictions. Pray that they will continue to be salt and light in their communities.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to regularly attend church: Ray
and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, George Varghese.
- Enduring Art, Active Faith – 3 Generations Create! Robert Proudfoot, an Edmonton author and member of
First Mennonite Church, published “Enduring Art, Active Faith – 3 Generations Create!” This book is a collection
of short stories, essays, poems and photographic depictions of artwork created by three generations of Robert’s
family, including his mother Norma, Robert and Valerie, and their daughters Annora and Alicia. Contact Robert
by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (780-465-6083) for more details about two up-coming book
signing events or how else to purchase the book in hard copy or as an ebook.
- MCC Thrift Shop Edmonton is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator: the incumbent would play a key role in
building a strong volunteer base which would encompass support to current volunteers as well as focusing on
building a larger volunteer team. This is a volunteer role, with commitment being 2 days a week for the interim.
For a copy of the position description or for further clarification, please contact Joyce at 403-275-6935 or
- The MCC Sale, Auction and Handmade Market - May 31 & June 1 at Coaldale Sportsplex. Please consider
what you could donate! Quilts, woodwork, pottery, crafts, tickets for a hockey game, or theatre - all proceeds
support MCC. For more information or to register donated items, please visit mccreliefsale.com
- My Coins Count - Collect your coins for The MCC Sale on May 31 & June 1 at the Coaldale Sportsplex! Funds
collected will support Nepal water projects. Paper money is gladly received too! For more information, please
- Grow Hope with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land for $300 on one
of our four fields (near Carstairs and Fort Saskatchewan) and the donation could grow to as much as $2,500 for
food assistance work in the developing world. The farmers will farm the land and forward the proceeds to MCC &
CFGB. Learn more at mccab.ca/grow-hope
- “The Age-old Ways of Local Aboriginal Culture – Songs & Stories: Rituals & Reasons”. This is your annual
1-day Heritage Retreat @ Camp Valaqua. Featuring elder Alvin Manitopyes on Wednesday, June 12. You may
have just immersed yourself in the Mennonite culture at the MMC Sale or ladies’ weekend retreat. Delve now
into the culture of our longest-time neighbor, the aboriginal community. ‘Reconciliation is the center of our
work.’ $30/person. Registration 9-10am, incl. Lunch & Snacks, ends at 4 pm. A fundraising event for Camp
Valaqua. EVERYONE WELCOME!
- Gathering 2019 - Early-bird deadline extended to May 27! Go to www.ignitegathering2019.ca/registration and
read the guidelines before clicking on the registration link. Find more information about workshops, schedule,
and excursions at the Gathering website, www.ignitegathering2019.ca.
NEXT SUNDAY (26th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Jackson
- Music Team: Joyce, Eun Jin
- Scripture Reader: Helena
- Children’s Feature: Puppets
- Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
- Ushers: Thomas, Brock
- Food Bank (28th): Hosts: Doreen, Diane; Set-up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.