|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Joanne De Jong
Worship Leader: Joyce
Music: African Team
|Greeters: Grace, Millie
Ushers: Roland, Eunice
May 12, 2019
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: What a might God we serve
You are worthy
Let us dance and celebrate
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Joyce
Share & Prayer
Song: It is marvelous
Scripture Reading: Zipporah
Meditation: Joanne De Jong
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: If Jesus says yes no one can say no
- Candy Pin Fundraiser: TODAY is Mother’s Day, and our Women’s Group will be selling candy pins in the foyer.
Purchase a candy pin and honour your mother, grandmother, auntie or other mother figure. Funds will be used
for our church Building Fund.
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (14th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome to
- Food Bank: Tuesday 14th) - Hosts: Doreen, Diane; Set up:
- MCA WOMENS' RETREAT OPEN FOR REGISTRATION at www.mcawomen.ca. : Dates: June 7-9, 2019 at the
beautiful Sunnyside Retreat Centre in Sylvan Lake. Our speaker will be Irma Fast-Dueck, Associate Professor of
Practical Theology at Canadian Mennonite University (CMU). Theme: The Faces of Mary- companion on the
journey. Saturday night Variety show is a real highlight. Come prepared to laugh, cry and be inspired in your
walk with God. DEADLINE to register is June 3rd.
- From Donna at North Edmonton Ministry: We are looking for volunteers to teach English one morning a
week, now until the end of June. The program starts again in September. Contact Donna or Kim at
- Please continue to pray for Roland, as he recovers from surgery.
- Please pray for Alden Gibson, Sue’s brother in law, who had open heart surgery May 1.
- Please pray for Helena’s co worker, Diana.
- Pray for Alma, as she nears the end of her life.
- Please pray for Godfrey, whose brother was killed. Also he has had a break in at his place.
- Pray for Florence as she recovers from her hip replacement surgery.
- Pray for Ruth’s sister Betty as she continues radiation treatment.
- Pray for Arthur from Uganda to find work and to be granted a work visa.
- Pray for the church in Burkina Faso. On Sunday April 28, a protestant church in Burkina Faso was attacked just
as the service was ending. Six lives were lost. Although violence has escalated dramatically this year against
teachers and others, this was the first targeted attack against Christians. Our friends in the Mennonite Church
are not in imminent danger. They are 600 km from the event.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to regularly attend church: Ray
and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, George Varghese.
- Coffee and Conversation: Gloria Mwangi and Theo Fumana with CALCongo/CPI will speak on their recent,
March journey to DRC Congo. Come and hear the heartfelt stories of the locals. You might be blessed, or maybe
challenged to do something bigger than yourself. The title of the presentation is “Beauty for Ashes, in the heart
of Africa-Congo.” Tuesday at 10:00 at Lendrum.
- Enduring Art, Active Faith – 3 Generations Create! Robert Proudfoot, an Edmonton author and member of
First Mennonite Church, published “Enduring Art, Active Faith – 3 Generations Create!” This book is a collection
of short stories, essays, poems and photographic depictions of artwork created by three generations of Robert’s
family, including his mother Norma, Robert and Valerie, and their daughters Annora and Alicia. Contact Robert
by e-mail (email@example.com) or telephone (780-465-6083) for more details about two up-coming book
signing events or how else to purchase the book in hard copy or as an ebook.
- The MCC Sale, Auction and Handmade Market - May 31 & June 1 at Coaldale Sportsplex. Please consider
what you could donate! Quilts, woodwork, pottery, crafts, tickets for a hockey game, or theatre - all proceeds
support MCC. For more information or to register donated items, please visit mccreliefsale.com
- My Coins Count - Collect your coins for The MCC Sale on May 31 & June 1 at the Coaldale Sportsplex! Funds
collected will support Nepal water projects. Paper money is gladly received too! For more information, please
- Grow Hope with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land for $300 on one
of our four fields (near Carstairs and Fort Saskatchewan) and the donation could grow to as much as $2,500 for
food assistance work in the developing world. The farmers will farm the land and forward the proceeds to MCC &
CFGB. Learn more at mccab.ca/grow-hope
- Christian Faith Studies: Lethbridge Mennonite May 13-15. Biblical Storytelling: the transformative power of
storytelling with Ken Quiring. Evening sessions open to public. To register or for more information -
- Tuition Assistance for Post-Secondary Students - MCA offers tuition assistance for any MCA students
attending a post-secondary Mennonite / Anabaptist affiliated institution or program. Please visit
www.mennonitechurch.ab.ca to download an application. Deadline to apply is July 31, 2019.
- Gathering 2019: Registration is now open. June 28 - July 1 in Abbotsford, BC. Join the inspirational gathering
with guest speaker Dr Elaine Heath. At Gathering 2019, Heath will consider how the emergence of new
expressions of church “can open our collective imagination.” Register at ignitegathering2019.ca
- Call for Walkers: Want to walk the talk of reconciliation? Between May 30 and June 14, The Walk for Common
Ground is journeying through Treaty 6 (Edmonton) and Treaty 7 (Calgary), bringing Indigenous, unionist, and
church friends together to nurture Treaty understanding and relationship. We have a few more spaces for "core
walkers"-those who are able to walk at least 7 days-and we warmly welcome you to apply! Email Steve
Heinrichs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEXT SUNDAY (19th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Joanne
- Music Team: Gordon’s Team
- Scripture Reader: Bokolo
- Children’s Feature: Helena C
- Greeters: Helena, Ann
- Ushers: Dave, Antoinette
- Food Bank (21st): Hosts: Doreen, Diane; Set-up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.