|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Thomas
|Greeters: Grace, Helena
Ushers: Roland, Thomas
June 9, 2019
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Diane
Share & Prayer
Mennonite Church Canada Witness Worker ~ Jeanette Hanson
Scriptures: Acts 2:1-13, Eph. 3:14-21 (Page 1140, 1226) ~ Zach
Meditation: “Pentecost: Beloved Church” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (11th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. You are welcome
to join us!!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (11th) - Hosts: Ben, Pearl
- Roof fundraiser challenge! Who can raise more, men or women? Please aim for ($100/adult) if you are able.
If we get a cheque for a couple, men and women’s teams will be indicated equally. Goal is $5250. See
thermometers in the foyer for progress. Prizes! One each for women/men will be drawn for from the people who
- New from Canadian Mennonite: digital issues for the summer slowdown. The magazine will print one issue in
July and one in August during our annual summer slowdown but subscribers are eligible to receive a digital
issue by email in two week intervals. If you already receive digital delivery throughout the year, you do not
need to sign up again. To add digital issues to your subscription, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
and include your name, address and subscription number (see your mailing label; it begins with an A).
- Camp Valaqua is seeking volunteers to take part in our Camp Connections Program. Connections are given
the name of one of our Valaqua staffers and then asked to pray for and correspond with that staffer.
Participants are asked to send a minimum of one letter to their connection and will receive a minimum of one
letter in return. More communication as well as small care packages are encouraged. If you are interested,
contact the camp office at 403-637-2510 or email: email@example.com
- Thank God for the life of Alma Burkholder, and pray for her family and all who mourn her passing.
- Please pray for Joyce Baergen as she recovers from a superbug she caught while in the hospital.
- Please pray for Jackson to recover quickly from surgery.
- Give thanks with Joanne for her part time job with Canadian Mennonite.
- Pray for Rollie as he resides at the Glenrose for rehabiliation during weekdays.
- Please pray for Godfrey, whose brother was killed. Also he has had a break in at his place.
- Please continue to pray for Reuben Tut, pastor of the Edmonton South Sudanese Mennonite Church. For the
past two months Reuben has been in the U of A Hospital due to complications arising from tuberculosis.
Recently he was also diagnosed with pneumonia. Pray for his return to health, for his family, and for the church
as they miss his leadership.
- Pray for MCA participants (core walkers, day walkers, refreshment workers) in Walk for Common Ground (May
31 - June 14). Core Walkers include Cassidy Brown (Bergthal), Jacob Froese (Trinity), Caleb Kowalko (First
Calgary), and Jim Shantz (First Edmonton).
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to regularly attend church: Ray
and Ginnie Brubaker, George Varghese.
- You are invited to the CPI BBQ and AGM, at the home of Gordon and Wendy Baergen, 265-52152 Range
Road 225, Sherwood Park, on Sunday, June 9, at 5:00 P.M. If you could bring a food item (salad or dessert)
for the pot luck (meat and fix-ins will be provided), it would be appreciated.... no obligation but please bring a
lawn chair and bug spray. If you need a map, please contact Dave Hubert at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “The Age-old Ways of Local Indigenous Culture - Songs & Stories: Rituals & Reasons”. Your 2019 Heritage
Retreat featuring international speaker and community elder, Alvin Manitopyes on Wednesday, June 12. EVERY
AGE WELCOME to this on-site Camp Valaqua fundraiser. Sign up by calling/texting Ruthanna Friesen
(403)973-1787 or email Ruthannagetsmail@gmail.com. $30/person incl. lunch. Registration 9-10am.
- Radek & Geordie’s home in Grand Forks, BC was gutted after several feet of water flooded their house in May
2018. They are repairing what they can but due to age and health issues they have been able to refinish very
little. They and others need assistance. Join Mennonite Disaster Service for a week or two to bring Radek,
Geordie and others home. Volunteers are needed this summer, especially in August & September. Phone
800-241-8111 or register at https://mds.mennonite.net/volunteer-registration-form/ and be part of bringing
- Grow Hope with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land for $300 on one
of our four fields (near Carstairs and Fort Saskatchewan) and the donation could grow to as much as $2,500 for
food assistance work in the developing world. The farmers will farm the land and forward the proceeds to MCC &
CFGB. Learn more at mccab.ca/grow-hope
- MCC Thrift Shop Edmonton is hosting a Volunteer Appreciation and Recruitment evening at First Mennonite
Church on June 21 at 6 pm. All volunteers are welcome! This year's event is also a volunteer recruitment drive,
so we invite those interested in volunteering to come. Please speak to your MCC Thrift Shop representative for
more information or contact Beverly Enns (email@example.com).
- Walk for Common Ground: The Truth and Reconciliation Commission has called all Canadians to rediscover
that “We are all treaty people.” Follow the Walk for Common Ground May 31 - June 14 on the Pilgrimage for
Indigenous Rights Facebook page (www.facebook.com/pfirCanada/) or by searching the hashtag
#walkforcommonground on most social media platforms. treatytalk.com
- RJC Job Opportunity: RJC is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic female to join our dormitory staff for
the 2019-20 school year. This is a great opportunity to work closely with young people as a mentor, role model
and coach. Dormitory staff are required to live on campus. Applications accepted until June 21; position to
begin August 26, 2019. To submit a resume or for additional information please contact Ryan Wood, Principal
(306)232-4222 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NEXT SUNDAY (16th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: CJ
- Music Team: African Team
- Scripture Reader: Edward
- Children’s Feature: Puppets
- Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
- Ushers: Antoinette, Eunice
- Food Bank (18th): Hosts: Ben, Pearl
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.