|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Ike
Music: African Team
|Greeters: Ike, Millie
Ushers: Garth, Brock
June 3, 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: Insert - If I Don’t Praise You
I am on the Lord’s Side
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Celebration of Sunday School Teachers
Children’s Feature: Puppets
Sunday School will resume in the fall
Share & Prayer
Song: When Jesus Says Yes
Scripture Reading: Psalm 139:1-18, 2 Corinthians 4:5-12 (Page 656, 1210) ~ Bokolo
Meditation: “Treasure in Clay Jars” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: Joy Overflows My Heart
- TODAY! Parents of Sunday School children and Sunday School teachers, please meet in the library after the
June 3rd Worship Service to discuss Sunday School for the fall.
- Thank you to Hajah, Theresa, Esther, and Dorathy for teaching our children this past year. You have blessed
- Food Bank: Tuesday (5th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl; Set up:
- Women’s Retreat at the Sunnyside Retreat Centre in Sylvan Lake - June 8-10: TODAY is the last day to
register, so if you haven’t already, then register today!!! www.mcawomen.ca
- Ladies, you are invited to a celebration of Janis Baergen's engagement and upcoming wedding. It will be
held in the Holyrood Mennonite Church basement on June 16th from 1 - 4 PM. A basket will be available for
those who chose to send a card and/or a monetary gift towards a bedroom suite. Let Joyce know if you are
- You are invited to a pre-wedding celebration/potluck for Aaron Fairbrother and Rachel Walpert on Sunday,
July 8th here at the church. Come celebrate with them and wish them well. A money tree will be set up for
anyone wishing to send a card or monetary gift.
- If you have served as a volunteer at the Edmonton MCC Thrift Shop, you are invited to our annual Volunteer
Appreciation Dinner on Friday, June 22, at River West Christian Church (19815-45 Ave.). Doors open at 6pm.
Meal begins at 6:30pm. All attendees are invited to bring one guest. Our theme this year is, "Bloom Where
You're Planted". Please RSVP by June 15 to Sherri Guenther Trautwein, firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Caleb Kowalko will be installed as pastor at Calgary First Mennonite Church today, June 3, 2018. Pray for Caleb,
his wife Triana, and the congregation as they celebrate together.
- We invite prayers of peace and God’s grace for Lillian, Norm, Nadine and Kenneth Nicolson as they transition to
Canada after 20 years of ministry in Burkina Faso.
- Pray for Chris as he looks for employment.
- Pray for Sonja’s daughter Alyssa, who suffers from migraines.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to attend church on a regular
basis: Ray and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, Hannah Loewen, George Varghese, Paul White.
- What is Ramadan, anyway? Come hear Fatiyeh Muwais, a local Muslim, originally from Palestine and friend
of Donna Entz, speak about what Ramadan is and what it means to her. Coffee and Conversation at Lendrum
at 10:00 on Tuesday, June 5. 11210 – 59 Avenue. All are welcome!
- Annual CPI BBQ and AGM - You are invited on June 9 at 5:00 pm at the home of Gordon and Wendy Baergen
at 265-52152 Range Road 225, Sherwood Park,AB . Could you bring a salad or dessert, a chair to sit on, and
mosquito repellant just in case the little critters also want to enjoy the BBQ? RSVP to email@example.com to
confirm your attendance and get a map, if needed.
- Update on Rwanda. Kae Neufeld, who recently returned from Rwanda, will be speaking about "Life after
colonization and a genocide: Struggling for an identity in the aftermath of trauma." How has the history of
Rwanda affected the people and what is happening in the country to bring healing and prosperity? Come and
find out on Tuesday, June 12 at 10:00 at Coffee and Conversation at Lendrum, 11210 – 59 Avenue. All are
- Camp Valaqua Hike-a-thon: June 16 - for more information or to register, please see the bulletin board or go
- An Evening of Classical Music with the Friesen family of Saskatoon. Sunday, June 24, 7:30 pm, First
Mennonite Church, 3650 91st St. Tickets at the door: $20 adults / $10 students
- Grow Hope North with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land near Fort
Saskatchewan for $300. Local farmers will grow your crop and donate the proceeds to MCC and CFGB. Go to
mccab.ca/grow-hope to donate and find out how your $300 donation could mean as much as $2,500 toward
alleviating hunger around the world! Contact Donita Wiebe-Neufeld at firstname.lastname@example.org for more
- MCC Alberta is inviting applications for a part-time (0.5 FTE) Communications Coordinator (visit: bit.ly/job-communications). Also looking for a part-time (0.8 FTE) Development Director (visit: bit.ly/job-development)
For more information contact Iliana at email@example.com.
- Mennonite Disaster Service is currently preparing to assist ranchers/farmers in the Empress and Hilda areas
along the Alberta – Saskatchewan border who lost miles of fencing in last October’s fires. MDS is proposing a
workcamp in each of the two affected areas July 9 – 14. While this camp would be ideal for church youth groups
it is open to all ages. The work would be a clean-up project pulling staples, rolling wire and removing post
remains. Clients will supply work supervision and equipment. MDS will supply meals and lodging. Volunteers
will need claw hammers, sturdy gloves and sleeping bags. If you or your youth group is interested in serving,
please contact Glen Kauffman (780-712-9064 or firstname.lastname@example.org ) by June 15. Please indicate the
expected number of volunteers, the preferred number of days during that week you wish to work, and if you
have a preference for the location (Empress or Hilda). Final details will be supplied after June 15.
NEXT SUNDAY (10th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Ed
- Music Team: Ruth, Emily
- Children’s Feature: Ruth
- Greeters: Grace, Helena
- Ushers: Roland, Thomas
- Scripture Reader: Zipporah
- Food Bank (12th) Host(s): Ben, Pearl
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.