|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Donna Entz
Worship Leader: Ike
Music: Gordon's Team
|Greeters: Doreen, Ann
June 23, 2019
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 398 - I love to tell the story
CB 106 - Shout to the North
CB 83 - Freely, Freely
Offering: Special music by Ian JiaHui Su
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Werner
Share & Prayer
Song: PPT - O for a thousand tongues
Meditation: Donna Entz
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
` Celebration of Communion
Song: STJ 61 - How can we be silent
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (25th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome to
- Food Bank: Tuesday (25th) - Hosts: Ben, Pearl
- Church picnic Sunday June 30. Sign up sheet in foyer for salads and desserts. The Edmonton Chinese
Mennonite Church will be joining us. Come and enjoy.
- Roof fundraiser challenge! Who can raise more, men or women? Please aim for ($100/adult) if you are able.
If we get a cheque for a couple, men and women’s teams will be indicated equally. Goal is $5250. See
thermometers in the foyer for progress. Prizes! One each for women/men will be drawn for from the people who
- New from Canadian Mennonite: digital issues for the summer slowdown. The magazine will print one issue in
July and one in August during our annual summer slowdown but subscribers are eligible to receive a digital
issue by email in two week intervals. If you already receive digital delivery throughout the year, you do not
need to sign up again. To add digital issues to your subscription, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
and include your name, address and subscription number (see your mailing label; it begins with an A).
- Praise for the birth of Casey, a son for CJ and Cecilia.
- Praise that Daniel and Diana are expecting their first child. Pray for safety during pregnancy.
- Please pray for Sahr as he recovers from a car accident. Pray also for his boss who was in an accident as well.
Pray for safety in his job as driver instructor.
- Pray for recovery for Brock as he has hurt his shoulder.
- Pray for Thomas’ mom who is in hospital in Lofa. Pray for a safe journey as Thomas and Sahr’s mother will go
for a visit.
- Please pray for Amie’s dad who has been in pain on and off for a year.
- Please pray for Joyce Baergen who remains in the hospital.
- Please pray for Jackson to recover quickly from surgery.
- Thanks for all your prayers, concerns, calls, cards and visits. Rolly is now home and making progress to full
- Please continue to pray for our Vision 20/20 Church Renewal process.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to regularly attend church: Ray
and Ginnie Brubaker, George Varghese.
- Camp Valaqua is seeking volunteers to take part in our Camp Connections Program. Connections are given
the name of one of our Valaqua staffers and then asked to pray for and correspond with that staffer.
Participants are asked to send a minimum of one letter to their connection and will receive a minimum of one
letter in return. More communication as well as small care packages are encouraged. If you are interested,
contact the camp office at 403-637-2510 or email: email@example.com
- Golf for MCC in Tofield, Sept 7. Support MCC's international and local ministry! More info and registration at
- Edmonton MCC Thrift Shop is looking for an energetic for the clerk role. Do you have retail experience,
enjoys meeting new people and wants to provide exceptional customer service?This could be for you! Join this
exciting team where every purchase makes a real difference. This is a two month full-time position, (July 2 -
Aug 31, 2019). For more info contact Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-275-6935. To view full job
description and to apply, please visit mccab.ca/serve
- MCC Edmonton Thrift Shop – Interim Manager: We are looking for a candidate with a retail background,
leadership, and managerial experience to fill the role of Interim Manager for Edmonton Thrift. Please note this
is a term position, for 6-8 months. For more info and a copy of the job description, please contact Joyce and
email@example.com or call 403-275-6935.
- Grow Hope with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land for $300 in fields
near Carstairs and Fort Saskatchewan and your donation will grow to as much as $2,500 for food assistance
work in the developing world. The farmers will farm the land and forward the proceeds to MCC & CFGB. Learn
more at mccab.ca/grow-hope
- Gathering 2019 Report Books are now available ignitegathering2019.ca/resources/. The Report Book
contains stories from each of the five regions in MC Canada, updates from International Witness Workers, and
other ministries. Check back next week for the Program Book.
- Columbia Bible College is hosting it's Fifth Annual tailgate party on June 29 at 3 PM at Foothills Mennonite
Church and you are invited! In addition to a free barbeque with all the trimmings, you will meet the president of
the college, staff and alumni as well as hear about opportunities on how to support student scholarships and
process student applications. You will also receive 2 free tickets to the Calgary Stampeders vs. the B.C. Lion's
game immediately after the party. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-283-0881.
NEXT SUNDAY (30th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Joyce
- Music Team: Ruth, Emily
- Scripture Reader: Dixon Jr.
- Children’s Feature: Ruth
- Greeters: Ike, Millie
- Ushers: Dave, Garth
- Food Bank (2ns): Hosts:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.