|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Sue
Music: African Team
|Greeters: Ann, Grace
Ushers: Ron, Antoinette
June 18, 2017
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs of Praise: What Shall I Say to the Lord?
Thank You My Lord
HEARING GOD'S WORD
There is no Children’s Sunday School for the summer
Share & Prayer
Song: It is Marvelous
Scripture Reading: Psalm 33:1-12, Matthew 9:1-4 (Page 585, 1016) ~ Zach
Meditation: “Healed!” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: Baba, We Praise Your Name
Praising the Lord Always
- Happy Father’s Day to all of our fathers and father figures. You are amazing!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (20th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl; Set up:
- There is no Discipleship Circle today. Stay tuned for the date for our last meeting of the summer.
- The revised total for the MCC Summerfest and Auction is now $177,000. Thank you to all who participated!!
- You are invited to the CPI AGM at the home of Gordon and Wendy Baergen on June 25. The AGM will kick-off
with a pot luck BBQ at 5:00 P.M. The meat and fixins will be provided, but when you RSVP to the Baregens
(780-467-6559, e-mail: email@example.com) that you plan to attend, could you let them whether you can
bring a salad or dessert? Thank you. Join us for an evening in a beautiful setting for a CPI update, good food
and good fellowship. If you need directions to the Baergens, ask when you RSVP. They they will send a map.
Don't forget to bring a lawn chair and bug spray.
- Pray God’s comfort for Eunice and her family, as her husband Thomas died in Liberia this week from a stroke.
- Pray for Esther’s sister who is sick.
- Pray for Chris, as he moves back to Montreal.
- Hannah Loewen is at her home in Leduc with congestive heart failure. Please pray for her. If any of you would
like to connect with her, she is open to calls or visitors.
- Pray for Florence’s friends who are needing support and employment.
- Pray for Dixon as he searches for employment.
- Please pray for Godfrey as he studies at the Mennonite Theological College of East Africa, in Tanzania. He looks
forward to graduating in December, at which time he envisions initiating a church planting effort in his home
region of Hoima, Uganda.
- Please pray for Norm Nicholson. Norm has been having health issues off and on for the last month and last
week he went to a doctor to get checked out. The procedure that the medical staff in Bobo wants to do/is
suggesting to do is rather invasive. He and Lillian feel more comfortable continuing the process in Ouaga so are
moving their family to the capital city once more for an indefinite period of time. Please pray that this issue can
be easily treated.
- Calvary greetings from Pastor Simon Onyango in Uganda. The Lord continues to guide us in His work. We have
organized a leaders' conference 24th - 27th July 2017. Please pray with us that this exercise may go on well.
- MCC Alberta is inviting applications for a Full time (1.0 FTE) Manager for the Edmonton Thrift Shop.
Application deadline is July 3rd. For more information contact Iliana at firstname.lastname@example.org. To view full job
description and to apply, please visit bit.ly/EdmontonMCCThrift
- Golf for MCC in Tofield. Support MCC's work in Food projects. More info and registration at
mccab.ca/golf-tofield. Early bird registration: by June 30 for 2 chances or by Aug 15 for 1 chance to win a Fitbit!
- Special Mennonite Church Canada Assembly: Registration is now open for the Special Delegate Assembly
planned for October 13-15 in Winnipeg. The agenda will include decisions about the future structure of the
Mennonite Church at a provincial and national level. Congregations are encouraged to send a full slate of
delegates to this important time of worship, decision-making, and sharing about the movement of God's Spirit.
See http://www.cvent.com/d/c5q8ft for registration details. See http://futuredirectionsmc.ca/ for draft
documents and proposals. Note: Watch for the complete Future Directions proposal, available in early July.
- Summer is an opportunity to take out the lawn chair or beach blanket and read! CommonWord’s 9th annual
Summer Reading list (items for sale or loan) is available here – www.commonword.ca/go/1213.
- Featured prayer request from the wider church (to receive regular prayer requests, subscribe to PrayerNet
at: www.commonword.ca/ResourceView/59/7507): Mennonite Church Canada partners Nancy Frey and Bruce
Yoder request prayer for students in Burkina Faso as they complete their end-of-the-year exams this month.
Pray also for Nancy and Bruce as they mentor these faithful young adults.
- Earn an MDiv — without relocating! Would you like to develop your leadership abilities from an Anabaptist
perspective while staying in your current vocation? Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary’s MDiv Connect
program offers you in-depth biblical and theological study, spiritual formation and vocational internships —
right where you live. Students taking at least 12 credit hours per academic year are considered full-time for
need-based financial aid awards. http://www.ambs.edu/academics/mdiv-connect
- AMBS online short course: Exploring Anabaptist History and Theology: Sept. 13 – Oct. 24, 2017. This
Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary online short course taught by Jamie Pitts, Ph.D., covers the birth and
development of 16th-century Anabaptist movements and looks at various interpretations of the meaning of
“Anabaptism” today. Cost: $200 before Aug. 23; $250 after. CEUs available.
NEXT SUNDAY (25th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: CJ
- Music Team: Joyce, Eun Jin
- Children’s Feature: Puppets
- Scripture Reader: Venisa
- Sound: Zach
- Ushers: Brock Garth
- Greeters: Ike, Millie
- Food Bank: Tuesday (27th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl, Set up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.