|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Joanne De Jong
Worship Leader: Jackson
Music: Gordon's Team
|Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
Ushers: Antoinette, Eunice
June 17, 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: CB 106 - Shout to the North
CB 55 - The river is here
CB 39 - Create in me a clean heart
Offering: STJ 100 - Here I am
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Helena C
Sunday School will resume in the fall
Share & Prayer
Song: PPT - There is a Balm in Gilead
Scripture Reading: Mark 2:1-12 (Page 1046)
Meditation: “Jesus Heals - Dig it?” ~ Joanne De Jong
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: STJ 106 - Just a closer walk with Thee
Honouring Fathers and Men of the church
- Happy Father’s Day to all of our father’s, grandfather’s and other significant male role models in our lives.
You are amazing!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (19th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl; Set up:
- Women’s Group: Wednesday (20th) at 7 pm at the church.
- NEXT SUNDAY!!! Church BBQ and Picnic: We will be having a bbq and potluck lunch on the lawn on June 24
following the worship service. Plan to join us and enjoy time visiting together. There is a sign up sheet in the
foyer for bringing a salad or a dessert to share.
- You are invited to a pre-wedding celebration/potluck for Aaron Fairbrother and Rachel Walpert on Sunday,
July 8th here at the church. Come celebrate with them and wish them well. A money tree will be set up for
anyone wishing to send a card or monetary gift.
- If you have served as a volunteer at the Edmonton MCC Thrift Shop, you are invited to our annual Volunteer
Appreciation Dinner on Friday, June 22, at River West Christian Church (19815-45 Ave.). Doors open at 6pm.
Meal begins at 6:30pm. All attendees are invited to bring one guest. Our theme this year is, "Bloom Where
You're Planted". Please RSVP by June 15 to Sherri Guenther Trautwein, firstname.lastname@example.org or
- We invite prayers of peace and God’s grace for Lillian, Norm, Nadine and Kenneth as they transition to Canada
after 20 years of ministry in Burkina Faso. They arrived safely in Grand Prairie on May 31.
- Pray for Chris as he looks for employment.
- Pray for Sonja’s daughter Alyssa, who suffers from migraines.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to attend church on a regular
basis: Ray and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, Hannah Loewen, George Varghese, Paul White.
- Camp Valaqua Hike-a-thon: June 16 - for more information or to register, please see the bulletin board or go
- An Evening of Classical Music with the Friesen family of Saskatoon. Sunday, June 24, 7:30 pm, First
Mennonite Church, 3650 91st St. Tickets at the door: $20 adults / $10 students
- On July 31 - Aug 3, Edmonton will host the North American Interfaith Network (NAIN) Conference. Held at
MacEwan University, opening day will include a blanket exercise, keynotes by Marie Wilson (TRC Commissioner)
and her husband Stephen Kakfwi (former Premier of NWT) and will conclude with a mini round dance. Several
workshop slots as well as two tours will focus on Indigenous stories and experiences. Our keynote on
Wednesday is a young female Muslim scholar and several of our workshops will engage us on issues of dialogue
and pilgrimage. General Romeo Dallaire will share about his journey with PTSD on Thursday. MCA's Donna Entz
will co-lead a workshop with Shiraz Kanjion titled A Journey towards understanding the “Other”: the
Christian-Muslim dialogue experience in Edmonton. The event webpage is at: https://nain2018edmonton.ca/
- Grow Hope North with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land near Fort
Saskatchewan for $300. Local farmers will grow your crop and donate the proceeds to MCC and CFGB. Go to
mccab.ca/grow-hope to donate and find out how your $300 donation could mean as much as $2,500 toward
alleviating hunger around the world! Contact Donita Wiebe-Neufeld at email@example.com for more
- Golf for MCC in Tofield, Sept 8. Support MCC's international and local ministry! More info and registration at
- MCC is providing relief kits and blankets to help the Guatemala Mennonite Church respond to the needs of
people displaced by a volcanic eruption on Sunday, June 3. Rock, gas and ash from Volcán de Fuego, a volcano
located near Guatemala City, has killed at least 38 people, injured 300 and caused 3,100 people to evacuate. In
addition to your prayers, we invite you to donate relief kits to MCC Alberta or give to MCC’s relief fund.
- Student Bursary: Mennonite Church Alberta sponsors a bursary for students attending a post-secondary
Anabaptist institute. Each year, $8000 is distributed evenly to those who qualify (and complete the application).
DEADLINE to apply JULY 31. See www.mennonitechurch.ab.ca
- Ride for International Witness: Mennonite Church Canada’s 2018 Ride for Refuge campaign has the goal of
raising $75,000 for International Witness. Interested in starting a team? More information can be found at
NEXT SUNDAY (24th)
Church BBQ Picnic
- Speaker: John Olfert
- Worship Leader: CJ
- Music Team: Ruth, Emily
- Children’s Feature: John Olfert
- Greeters: Faye, Ann
- Ushers: Brock, Carol
- Scripture Reader:
- Food Bank (26th) Host(s): Ben, Pearl
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.