|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Joanne
Music: African Team
|Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
Ushers: Antoinette, Eunice
June 16, 2019
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: Glory Be to God in the Highest
My Jesus Promised He Will Never Fail
You Are the Lifter of My Hands
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Puppets
Share & Prayer
Song: You Are Lord
Scriptures: Ex 40:34-38, Eph 2:14-22 (Page 102, 1225) ~ Edward
Meditation: “Holy Church” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: It is a Great Thing to Serve the Lord
- Happy Father’s Day to all of our father’s, grandfather’s and other significant male role models in our lives.
You are amazing!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (18th) - Hosts: Ben, Pearl
- Elder’s Meeting: Tuesday (18th) at 6 pm
- Women’s Group: Wednesday (19th) at 7 pm at the church.
- Girl’s Club: Friday (21st) at 7 pm.
- Communion will be celebrated next Sunday, June 23rd. Please take time this week to prepare your heart.
- The annual church picnic will be on Sunday, June 30th, after the church service. We encourage people to
bring their own plates, cutlery and cups, and also lawn chairs or blankets to sit on. There is a sign up sheet on
the bulletin board for people willing to bring salads, desserts, and anything else to go with the hamburgers and
hot dogs which are provided. We have invited the Chinese church, and there will be about twenty people
coming from there.
- Roof fundraiser challenge! Who can raise more, men or women? Please aim for ($100/adult) if you are able.
If we get a cheque for a couple, men and women’s teams will be indicated equally. Goal is $5250. See
thermometers in the foyer for progress. Prizes! One each for women/men will be drawn for from the people who
- New from Canadian Mennonite: digital issues for the summer slowdown. The magazine will print one issue in
July and one in August during our annual summer slowdown but subscribers are eligible to receive a digital
issue by email in two week intervals. If you already receive digital delivery throughout the year, you do not
need to sign up again. To add digital issues to your subscription, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
and include your name, address and subscription number (see your mailing label; it begins with an A).
- Please continue to pray for our Vision 20/20 Church Renewal process.
- Please pray for Mary.
- Thank God for the life of Alma Burkholder, and pray for all who mourn her passing.
- Please pray for Joyce Baergen as she recovers from a superbug she caught while in the hospital.
- Please pray for Jackson to recover quickly from surgery.
- Pray for Rollie as he resides at the Glenrose for rehabiliation during weekdays.
- Please pray for Godfrey, whose brother was killed. Also he has had a break in at his place.
- Please continue to pray for Reuben Tut, pastor of the Edmonton South Sudanese Mennonite Church. For the
past two months Reuben has been in the U of A Hospital due to complications arising from tuberculosis.
Recently he was also diagnosed with pneumonia. Pray for his return to health, for his family, and for the church
as they miss his leadership.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to regularly attend church: Ray
and Ginnie Brubaker, George Varghese.
- Coffee and Conversation at Lendrum, this Tuesday at 10:00 - Come and hear Joanne and Werner De Jong share stories and slides from their 4 month sabbatical at the Anabaptist College, Meserete Kristos College in
- Camp Valaqua is seeking volunteers to take part in our Camp Connections Program. Connections are given
the name of one of our Valaqua staffers and then asked to pray for and correspond with that staffer.
Participants are asked to send a minimum of one letter to their connection and will receive a minimum of one
letter in return. More communication as well as small care packages are encouraged. If you are interested,
contact the camp office at 403-637-2510 or email: email@example.com
- Grow Hope with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land for $300 on one
of our four fields (near Carstairs and Fort Saskatchewan) and the donation could grow to as much as $2,500 for
food assistance work in the developing world. The farmers will farm the land and forward the proceeds to MCC &
CFGB. Learn more at mccab.ca/grow-hope
- MCC Thrift Shop Edmonton is hosting a Volunteer Appreciation and Recruitment evening at First Mennonite
Church on June 21 at 6 pm. All volunteers are welcome! This year's event is also a volunteer recruitment drive,
so we invite those interested in volunteering to come. Please speak to your MCC Thrift Shop representative for
more information or contact Beverly Enns (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Edmonton MCC Thrift is looking for an energetic candidate who has retail experience, enjoys meeting new
people and wants to provide exceptional customer service. Thrift Shops play a key role in MCC’s local and global
mission, join this exciting team where every purchase makes a difference. This is a two month full-time
position, beginning July 2nd and ending August 31, 2019. For more information contact Joyce at
email@example.com or call 403-275-6935. To view full job description and to apply, please visit
- The opening worship for Gathering 2019 will kick off in Abbotsford, B.C., on June 29 at 2pm! This
inspirational time is a gathering of our Canadian family. Come be inspired & help ignite the imagination of the
church! Dr. Elaine Heath, says the greatest challenge for the western church today is to “regain a gospel-centric
imagination.” At Gathering 2019, Heath will consider how the emergence of new expressions of church “can
open our collective imagination.” www.ignitegathering2019.ca
NEXT SUNDAY (23rd)
- Speaker: Donna Entz
- Worship Leader: Ike
- Music Team: Gordon’s Team
- Scripture Reader:
- Children’s Feature: Joyce
- Greeters: Doreen, Ann
- Ushers: Brock, Carol
- Food Bank (25th): Hosts: Ben, Pearl
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.