|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Abe Janzen
Worship Leader: Ed
Music: Gordon's Team
|Greeters: Faye, Grace
Ushers: Brock, Thomas
June 11, 2017
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs of Praise
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Helena C
There is no Children’s Sunday School for the summer
Share & Prayer
Meditation: Abe Janzen
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (13th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome to
- Food Bank: Tuesday (13th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl; Set up:
- Pastor Werner will be presenting the results of his Doctor of Ministry research this Tuesday evening, June
13th at 7 pm at the church. All are welcome! Please bring squares or finger foods to share following the
- The revised total for the MCC Summerfest and Auction is now $177,000. Thank you to all who participated!!
- You are invited to the CPI AGM at the home of Gordon and Wendy Baergen on June 25. The AGM will kick-off
with a pot luck BBQ at 5:00 P.M. The meat and fixins will be provided, but when you RSVP to the Baregens
(780-467-6559, e-mail: email@example.com) that you plan to attend, could you let them whether you can
bring a salad or dessert? Thank you. Join us for an evening in a beautiful setting for a CPI update, good food
and good fellowship. If you need directions to the Baergens, ask when you RSVP. They they will send a map.
Don't forget to bring a lawn chair and bug spray.
- Pray God’s comfort for Eunice and her family, as her husband Thomas died in Liberia this week from a stroke.
- Hannah Loewen is at her home in Leduc with congestive heart failure. Please pray for her. If any of you would
like to connect with her, she is open to calls or visitors. )756-1688.
- Pray for Florence’s friends who are needing support and employment.
- Pray for Dixon as he searches for employment.
- Please pray for Godfrey as he studies at the Mennonite Theological College of East Africa, in Tanzania. He looks
forward to graduating in December, at which time he envisions initiating a church planting effort in his home
region of Hoima, Uganda.
- Please pray for Norm Nicholson. Norm has been having health issues off and on for the last month and last
week he went to a doctor to get checked out. The procedure that the medical staff in Bobo wants to do/is
suggesting to do is rather invasive. He and Lillian feel more comfortable continuing the process in Ouaga so are
moving their family to the capital city once more for an indefinite period of time. Please pray that this issue can
be easily treated.
- Calvary greetings from Pastor Simon Onyango in Uganda. The Lord continues to guide us in His work. We have
organized a leaders' conference 24th - 27th July 2017. Please pray with us that this exercise may go on well.
- What a great weekend! Thank you to all who volunteered, donated, attended and supported the MCC
Summerfest and Auction! Our revised total is now $177,000 for the event!!
- MCC Thrift Shop Volunteer Appreciation Evening at Holyrood Mennonite Church, June 9, 2017, at 6 pm.
- Join us for our annual Hike-a-thon on June 17 and help us raise money to support Camp Valaqua. This
year’s hike will take us to beautiful Chester Lake in Kananaskis. Registration forms and information are
available at campvalaqua.com/events or by contacting the Camp Office. Register as a hiker or sponsor a hiker!
- Camp Valaqua is pleased to invite you to our first ever Garden Party on June 18. Join us for a worship service
at 10am and stay for lunch and some camp activities in the afternoon. The event is free, donations are
- The board of MCC Canada is pleased to welcome Rick Cober Bauman to the role of MCC Canada executive
director, effective Oct 10. Rick has served with MCC since 1989 in a variety of capacities. For the past nine
years, he has given leadership to MCC Ontario as executive director. He replaces Don Peters who retires at the
end of September following 16 years as MCC Canada executive director.
- A new resource on Islam, specifically for churches or groups in AB, is available in Dr. Wes Thiessen. Wes
spent over 18 years living and working in the Middle East and North Africa. With a PhD in Islamic History, he is
an excellent teacher and a gifted interpreter of religion and culture. He can provide informative customized
seminars for any group wishing to better understand Islam and the Muslims living in our communities. You can
contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark the date: Sat. Sept 9 Golf for MCC in Tofield. More details to come.
- Assembly Registration is open! You are invited to register for the October 13-15 special 2017 Assembly in
- Every Creature Singing is a free online Canadian edition of Mennonite Creation Care Network’s new
curriculum. Each of the 12 sessions include a biblical emphasis, a local community focus, suggested spiritual
disciplines and recommended household practices. Guides, posters,
- AMBS webinar: Is God to Blame? Thursday, June 22, 2–3:30 p.m. EDT. Scholar, author and pastor Greg Boyd
will speak on themes from his 2003 book, Is God to Blame? Moving Beyond Pat Answers to the Problem of
Suffering, in this Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary webinar. Cost: $20 by noon on June 21; $30 after.
Your first webinar is free! http://www.ambs.edu/lifelong-learning/webinars
- Journey: A Missional Leadership Development Program. Journey is for congregational leaders, church planters,
pastors called to ministry without a college or seminary education, and lay leaders preparing for a variety of
ministries in the church or community. The distance-friendly program of Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary
requires one visit to the Elkhart, Indiana, area each year.
NEXT SUNDAY (18th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Sue
- Music Team: African Team
- Children’s Feature: Joyce
- Scripture Reader: Zach
- Sound: Brian, Dixon
- Ushers: Ron, Antoinette
- Greeters: Ann, Grace
- Food Bank: Tuesday (20th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl, Set up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.