|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Ed
Music: Ruth, Emily
|Greeters: Grace, Helena
Ushers: Roland, Thomas
June 10, 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 425 - Come, come ye saints
HWB 499 - Lord speak to me
STJ 29 - You are all we have
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Ruth
Sunday School will resume in the fall
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 558 - When the storms of life are raging (vs 1–4)
Scripture Reading: Psalm 138, 1 Samuel 8:1-20 (Page 655, 287) ~ Zipporah
Meditation: “The Demand for a King” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: STJ 73 - The Lord lift you up
- Fellowship Breakfast: Tuesday (12th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (12th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl; Set up:
- Worship Committee: Thursday (14th) at 2:30 pm
- Elder’s Meeting: Friday (15th) at 6 pm.
- Ladies, you are invited to a celebration of Janis Baergen's engagement and upcoming wedding. It will be
held in the Holyrood Mennonite Church basement on June 16th from 1 - 4 PM. A basket will be available for
those who chose to send a card and/or a monetary gift towards a bedroom suite. Let Joyce know if you are
- Church BBQ and Picnic: We will be having a bbq and potluck lunch on the lawn on June 24 following the
worship service. Plan to join us and enjoy time visiting together.
- You are invited to a pre-wedding celebration/potluck for Aaron Fairbrother and Rachel Walpert on Sunday,
July 8th here at the church. Come celebrate with them and wish them well. A money tree will be set up for
anyone wishing to send a card or monetary gift.
- If you have served as a volunteer at the Edmonton MCC Thrift Shop, you are invited to our annual Volunteer
Appreciation Dinner on Friday, June 22, at River West Christian Church (19815-45 Ave.). Doors open at 6pm.
Meal begins at 6:30pm. All attendees are invited to bring one guest. Our theme this year is, "Bloom Where
You're Planted". Please RSVP by June 15 to Sherri Guenther Trautwein, firstname.lastname@example.org or
- We invite prayers of peace and God’s grace for Lillian, Norm, Nadine and Kenneth as they transition to Canada
after 20 years of ministry in Burkina Faso. They arrived safely in Grand Prairie on May 31.
- Pray for Chris as he looks for employment.
- Pray for Sonja’s daughter Alyssa, who suffers from migraines.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to attend church on a regular
basis: Ray and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, Hannah Loewen, George Varghese, Paul White.
- Update on Rwanda. Kae Neufeld, who recently returned from Rwanda, will be speaking about "Life after
colonization and a genocide: Struggling for an identity in the aftermath of trauma." How has the history of
Rwanda affected the people and what is happening in the country to bring healing and prosperity? Come and
find out on Tuesday, June 12 at 10:00 at Coffee and Conversation at Lendrum, 11210 – 59 Avenue. All are
- Camp Valaqua Hike-a-thon: June 16 - for more information or to register, please see the bulletin board or go
- An Evening of Classical Music with the Friesen family of Saskatoon. Sunday, June 24, 7:30 pm, First
Mennonite Church, 3650 91st St. Tickets at the door: $20 adults / $10 students
- What a great weekend! Thank you to all who volunteered, donated, attended and supported the MCC Charity
Auction and Sale! Over $180,000 was raised!
- Grow Hope North with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land near Fort
Saskatchewan for $300. Local farmers will grow your crop and donate the proceeds to MCC and CFGB. Go to
mccab.ca/grow-hope to donate and find out how your $300 donation could mean as much as $2,500 toward
alleviating hunger around the world! Contact Donita Wiebe-Neufeld at email@example.com for more
- Golf for MCC in Tofield, Sept 8. Support MCC's international and local ministry! More info and registration at
- MCC is providing relief kits and blankets to help the Guatemala Mennonite Church respond to the needs of
people displaced by a volcanic eruption on Sunday, June 3. Rock, gas and ash from Volcán de Fuego, a volcano
located near Guatemala City, has killed at least 38 people, injured 300 and caused 3,100 people to evacuate. In
addition to your prayers, we invite you to donate relief kits to MCC Alberta or give to MCC’s relief fund.
- MCC Alberta is inviting applications for a part-time (0.5 FTE) Communications Coordinator (visit: bit.ly/job-communications). Also looking for a part-time (0.8 FTE) Development Director (visit: bit.ly/job-development)
For more information contact Iliana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student Bursary: Mennonite Church Alberta sponsors a bursary for students attending a post-secondary
Anabaptist institute. Each year, $8000 is distributed evenly to those who qualify (and complete the application).
DEADLINE to apply JULY 31.
- MC-Canada AGM: June 16th, 1:00 Eastern Time. Details and a link for participation are available @
NEXT SUNDAY (17th)
- Speaker: Joanne De Jong
- Worship Leader: Jackson
- Music Team: Gordon’s Team
- Children’s Feature: Helena C
- Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
- Ushers: Antoinette, Eunice
- Scripture Reader:
- Food Bank (19th) Host(s): Ben, Pearl
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.