|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Joyce
Music: African Team
|Greeters: Millie, Ann
Ushers: Eunice, Thomas
July 9, 2017
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: I am on the Lord’s Side
Glory be to God in the Highest
You are the Lifter of my Hands
Praising the Lord Always
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Joyce
There is no Children’s Sunday School for the summer
Share & Prayer
Song: What Shall I Render to my God?
Scripture Reading: Genesis 12:1-10, 13:1-12 (page 11) ~ Zach
Meditation: “The Question of Faith” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: Jesus My Only Friend
The Lord will Bless Someone Today
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (11th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (11th) Hosts: Doreen, Diane; Set up:
- MARK THE DATE! July 30th will be our first join Summer Service in the Park with First Church of God. Plan
now to attend! Bring your lawn chair and a snack to share following the service.
- Discipleship Circle will not meet again until the fall. Enjoy your summer!
- Congratulations to Sahr and Mary Bundor on the birth of their new daughter, Sia Perpetual Mamie Bundor,
who was born on June 22nd!
- Directory Update: The address for Eunice Torh in the directory is incorrect. It should be 84 street NW (not
- Pray for Aaron who has recently undergone bowel surgery.
- Pray for Eun Jin’s daughter.
- Pray God’s comfort for Eunice and her family, as she mourns her husband Thomas.
- Pray for Esther and her family, as her niece in Liberia died.
- Pray for Chris, as he moves back to Montreal.
- Hannah Loewen is at her home in Leduc with congestive heart failure. Please pray for her.
- Pray for Dixon as he searches for employment.
- Please pray for Norm Nicholson as he recovers from bladder surgery, which he had in Alberta. Pray that he will
be able to join his family in Burkina Faso quickly.
- Calvary greetings from Pastor Simon Onyango in Uganda. The Lord continues to guide us in His work. We have
organized a leaders' conference 24th - 27th July 2017. Please pray with us that this exercise may go on well.
- Lendrum MB is hosting its 22nd Annual Community Pancake Breakfast with music and activities for all ages on
July 23rd from 9:00-11:30 am. Bring your neighbour or friends or just yourself and come on out to enjoy! If you
are interested in volunteering or sharing a musical/performance gift, please contact Sue Janzen at
- Camp Valaqua is eagerly seeking Adults with a willing heart and love of camp to help as Kitchen Volunteers
for most weeks of summer. Discounts are available to the children and grandchildren of volunteers. This is an
amazing opportunity to be a part of the Camp Valaqua story and see our young leaders in action! Please
contact the Valaqua office if you are able to help for a week or a part of a week. Valaqua@xplornet.com
- Attention post-secondary students - Mennonite Church Alberta provides a tuition bursary for young people
attending Mennonite and Anabaptist schools. To get an application form, talk to your pastor or download it from
the MCA website (http://mennonitechurch.ab.ca)
- Golf for MCC in Tofield. Support MCC's work in Food projects. More info and registration at
mccab.ca/golf-tofield. Early bird registration: by Aug 15 for a chance to win a Fitbit!
- MCC Alberta welcomes Donita Wiebe-Neufeldt to the part-time role of Edmonton MCC Liaison, starting Sept
1. Donita will connect Edmonton and area churches, schools, and community groups with MCC and its
- ** Urgent ** MCC partners in Ukraine need 400 Relief kits by July 19th! Collect with your small group, family,
friends or church. A kit is approx $50 (includes shipping & the bucket!). Also needed: NEW single flat sheets,
moisture proof mattress covers (single size), and adult diapers for partners in Bosnia. Contact Linda at
403-275-6935 or bit.ly/MCCKits
- The Lethbridge MCC Thrift Shop is accepting applications for the position of receiver/sorter and day
supervisor for a total of 33 hours/week. Closing date for applications is July 24, 17. Please submit your
application and resume directly to Ruth Vermeulen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mennonite Church Canada’s 2017 Annual General Meeting will be streamed online on July 12 from 6 – 7
pm CDT. Instructions on how to join are at http://home.mennonitechurch.ca/2017AGM/ . Join the meeting early
to allow a few minutes to auto-install the required meeting software to your browser.
- Assembly Registration is open! You are invited to register for the October 13-15 special 2017 Assembly in
- Get your bikes and feet tuned up for a fantastically fun national church bike-a-thon on Saturday, Sept. 30 in
several locations across Canada. The Ride for Refuge is a family-friendly cycling/walking fundraiser that
partners with churches and organizations who work with the displaced, vulnerable and exploited. Be a part of
the “Mennonite Church Canada” team in support of the Witness workers of your choice. Register at
https://rideforrefuge.org/charity/mennonitechurchca or contact Jason Martin at email@example.com or
NEXT SUNDAY (16th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Jackson
- Music Team: Joyce, Emily
- Children’s Feature: Helena C
- Scripture Reader: Ronky
- Sound: Brian
- Ushers: Ron, Antoinette
- Greeters: Ike, Grace
- Food Bank: Tuesday (18th) Hosts: Diane, Doreen; Set up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.