|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Jackson
Music: African Team
|Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
Ushers: Brock, Roland
July 7, 2019
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: Receive my Praise, Oh Lord!
You are Worthy
He is the Reigning King
Elder Cluster Group Prayer
Offering: My Helper
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Joyce
Share & Prayer
Songs: I am on the Lord's Side
Glory be to my God - Alleluia!
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 6:1-8, Luke 5:1-11 (Page 719, 1076) ~ Tarnisha
Meditation: “Jesus’ Discipleship Vision” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: Lord you are so Good
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (9th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (9th) - Hosts:
- Council Meeting: Tuesday (9th) at 6:30 pm
- I have been overwhelmed with your thoughts, prayers, words of encouragement, visits, flowers, taking over
some of my responsibilities while I have been in and out of the hospital. Thank you. May God continue to
guide and bless your lives. ~ Joyce
- Roof fundraiser challenge! Who can raise more, men or women? Please aim for ($100/adult) if you are able.
If we get a cheque for a couple, men and women’s teams will be indicated equally. Goal is $5250. See
thermometers at the back of the sanctuary for progress. Prizes! One each for women/men will be drawn for
from the people who contribute.
- Please pray for Godfrey, as his home in Hoima was robbed again this week.
- Pray for Amie’s mom, who is not feeling well.
- Thank God that Joyce is recovering from illness and surgery, and is home from the hospital.
- Please pray for Sahr as he recovers from a car accident. Pray also for his boss who was in an accident as well.
Pray for safety in his job as driver instructor.
- Pray for recovery for Brock as he has hurt his shoulder.
- Pray for Thomas’ mom who is in hospital in Lofa. Pray for a safe journey as Thomas and Sahr’s mother will go
for a visit.
- Please pray for Amie’s dad who has been in pain on and off for a year.
- Thanks for all your prayers, concerns, calls, cards and visits. Rolly is now home and making progress to full
- Reuben is now home from hospital, but has a long road to recovery. He has a blood clot in his lungs and pain in
his bones, making walking difficult. Continue to keep him, his family, and the South Sudanese Church in your
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to regularly attend church: Ray
and Ginnie Brubaker, George Varghese.
- Golf for MCC in Tofield, Sept 7. Support MCC's international and local ministry! More info and registration at
- MCC Edmonton Thrift Shop – Interim Manager: We are looking for a candidate with a retail background,
leadership, and managerial experience to fill the role of Interim Manager for Edmonton Thrift. Please note this
is a term position, for 6-8 months. For more info and a copy of the job description, please contact Joyce and
email@example.com or call 403-275-6935.
- Grow Hope with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land for $300 in fields
near Carstairs and Fort Saskatchewan and your donation will grow to as much as $2,500 for food assistance
work in the developing world. The farmers will farm the land and forward the proceeds to MCC & CFGB. Learn
more at mccab.ca/grow-hope
- Are you interested in working on the peace agenda with Project Ploughshares, Edmonton? Ploughshares
Edmonton annually recognizes Edmontonians who have made a significant contribution to building peace in
Edmonton and organizes the Hiroshima memorial. If this interests you and you would like more information,
please call Dave Hubert at 780-462-6234 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuition Assistance for Post-Secondary Students - MCA offers tuition assistance for any MCA students
attending a post-secondary Mennonite / Anabaptist affiliated institution or program. Application is available at
www.mennonitechurch.ab.ca. Deadline to apply is July 31, 2019.
- Ride for Refuge 2019 - Join Mennonite Church Canada October 5, 2019, partnering with the Ride for Refuge
in raising support for International Witness ministry. The Ride takes place in major cities across Canada, at the
same time on the same day. Last year, 75 riders on 12 teams raised just under $20,000 in support of
Mennonite Church Canada International Witness ministry. Please join us again this year! Register at:
https://rideforrefuge.org/register Questions or more information, please contact Jason Martin Director,
International Witness: email@example.com
- New Executive Minister: Surrounded by friends and colleagues, Doug Klassen was installed as Executive
Minister of Mennonite Church Canada on June 29, 2019. Recalling his baptismal vows in Vineland, ON many
years ago, Doug expressed excitement and hope in moving together as a nationwide community of faith. "What
an incredible honour it is to link arms with all of you and to walk together in to the future of Mennonite Church
Canada." - Doug Klassen
NEXT SUNDAY (14th)
- Speaker: Joanne De Jong
- Worship Leader: Ed
- Music Team: Ruth, Emily
- Scripture Reader: Mary
- Children’s Feature: Ruth
- Greeters: Grace, Helena
- Ushers: Eunice, Antoinette
- Food Bank (16th): Hosts:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.