|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Donna Entz, Miriam Gross
Worship Leader: Ike
Music: Ruth, Emily
|Greeters: Helena, Millie
Ushers: Brock, Roland
July 2, 2017
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Song: STJ 42 - Listen, God is calling
Scripture Reading: Genesis 12:1-3, 17:18-20, Exodus 19:5-6 (p. 11, 78)
One Timeline but the Two Narratives of the Jewish and Palestinian People
- Donna Entz, Miriam Gross
Song: STJ 56 - Make me a channel of your peace
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Ruth
There is no Children’s Sunday School for the summer
Scripture Reading: Deuteronomy 6:18, 7:6 (p. 191)
Message: Unpacking the Issues of Land and Chosenness in
Israel/Palestine ~ Donna Entz
Prayer of Confession - HWB 697
Song: STJ 63 - Lord, you give the great commission (verses 1, 2, and 5)
Scripture Reading: Matthew 5:1-11 (p. 1010)
Message: Experiencing anew the Beatitudes through Palestinian Life and
Stories ~ Miriam Gross
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: STJ 67 - Let there be light, Lord God
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 411 - I bind my heart this tide
- Food Bank: Tuesday (4th) Hosts: Doreen, Diane; Set up:
- A huge THANK YOU to everyone who worked so hard and helped in someway to make our church picnic the
- Directory Update: The address for Eunice Torh in the directory is incorrect. It should be 84 street NW (not
- MARK THE DATE! July 30th will be our first Summer Service in the Park. Plan now to attend! Bring your lawn
chair and a snack to share following the service.
- MCC has received requests for 1600 more Relief kits than they currently have in stock at their Canadian
warehouse. The goal here in Alberta is to contribute between 300 and 400 of those kits. Would you please
consider collecting kits or kit items with your family, friends, or small group? These items would need to be in
the Calgary warehouse by July 19, so that they can reach Manitoba to be shipped overseas at the beginning of
August. Any questions? Please call Linda at the MCC Office. Thanks in advance for your generous response.
- Pray for Aaron who has recently undergone bowel surgery.
- Pray for Eun Jin’s daughter.
- Pray God’s comfort for Eunice and her family, as she mourns her husband Thomas.
- Pray for Esther and her family, as her niece in Liberia died.
- Pray for Chris, as he moves back to Montreal.
- Hannah Loewen is at her home in Leduc with congestive heart failure. Please pray for her.
- Pray for Dixon as he searches for employment.
- Please pray for Norm Nicholson. Norm has been having health issues off and on for the last month and last
week he went to a doctor to get checked out. The procedure that the medical staff in Bobo wants to do/is
suggesting to do is rather invasive. He and Lillian feel more comfortable continuing the process in Ouaga so are
moving their family to the capital city once more for an indefinite period of time. Please pray that this issue can
be easily treated.
- Calvary greetings from Pastor Simon Onyango in Uganda. The Lord continues to guide us in His work. We have
organized a leaders' conference 24th - 27th July 2017. Please pray with us that this exercise may go on well.
- Attention post-secondary students - Mennonite Church Alberta provides a tuition bursary for young people
attending Mennonite and Anabaptist schools. To get an application form, talk to your pastor or download it from
the MCA website (http://mennonitechurch.ab.ca)
- MCC Alberta welcomes Donita Wiebe-Neufeldt to the part-time role of Edmonton MCC Liaison, starting Sept
1. Donita will connect Edmonton and area churches, schools, and community groups with MCC and its
- ***Urgent Need*** MCC Alberta is in urgent need of 400 Relief kits for Ukraine by July 19th! Consider
collecting kit contents with your small group, family, friends or church. The value of one kit is approx $50
(including shipping & the bucket!). Contact Linda at 403-275-6935 or bit.ly/MCCKits
- MCC Alberta is inviting applications for a Full time (1.0 FTE) Manager for the Edmonton Thrift Shop.
Application deadline is July 3rd. For more information contact Iliana at firstname.lastname@example.org. To view full job
description and to apply, please visit bit.ly/EdmontonMCCThrift
- Golf for MCC in Tofield. Support MCC's work in Food projects. More info and registration at
mccab.ca/golf-tofield. Early bird registration: by June 30 for 2 chances or by Aug 15 for 1 chance to win a Fitbit!
- Save the date: The MC Canada Annual General Meeting will be held on the evening of July 12 and will be live
streamed for those who wish to take part. A live stream link will be provided in a future announcement.
- Assembly Registration is open! You are invited to register for the October 13-15 special 2017 Assembly in
- Get your bikes and feet tuned up for a fantastically fun national church bike-a-thon on Saturday, Sept. 30 in
several locations across Canada. The Ride for Refuge is a family-friendly cycling/walking fundraiser that
partners with churches and organizations who work with the displaced, vulnerable and exploited. Be a part of
the “Mennonite Church Canada” team in support of the Witness workers of your choice. Register at
https://rideforrefuge.org/charity/mennonitechurchca or contact Jason Martin at email@example.com or
NEXT SUNDAY (9th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Joyce
- Music Team: African Team
- Children’s Feature: Joyce
- Scripture Reader: Zach
- Sound: Ron
- Ushers: Eunice, Thomas
- Greeters: Millie, Ann
- Food Bank: Tuesday (11th) Hosts: Diane, Doreen; Set up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.