|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Jackson
|Greeters: Ike, Grace
Ushers: Ron, Antoinette
July 16, 2017
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 14 - Come, we that love the Lord
HWB 41 - Come, thou Almighty King
HWB 105 - Christ, we do all adore thee
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Helena C
There is no Children’s Sunday School for the summer
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 36 - God of our strength
Scripture Reading: Genesis 15:1-6, Psalm 27:7-12 (page 14, 581) ~ Ronky
Meditation: “Count the Stars” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 598 - A wonderful Saviour is Jesus
- Parents of children: Boxes are available in the sound room for activities and colouring sheets for your children
to use during the worship service. Please take home all sheets that you complete.
- Food Bank: Tuesday (18th) Hosts: Doreen, Diane; Set up: Dave
- Worship in the Park: In 2 weeks (July 30th) we will join together with First Church of God to worship the Lord
in Holyrood Park. Plan now to attend! Bring your lawn chair and a snack to share following the service.
- MCC partners in Ukraine need 400 Relief kits by July 19th! Collect with your small group, family, friends or
church. A kit is approx $50 (includes shipping & the bucket!). Also needed: NEW single flat sheets, moisture
proof mattress covers (single size), and adult diapers for partners in Bosnia. Contact Linda at 403-275-6935 or
- Pray for traveling mercies for Thomas as he is in Liberia.
- Pray for Richard as his grandfather has passed away.
- Pray for justice for Ann’s brother, Vince.
- Pray for Aaron who has recently undergone bowel surgery.
- Pray for Eun Jin’s daughter.
- Pray God’s comfort for Eunice and her family, as she mourns her husband Thomas.
- Pray for Esther and her family, as her niece in Liberia died.
- Pray for Chris, as he moves back to Montreal.
- Hannah Loewen is at her home in Leduc with congestive heart failure. Please pray for her.
- Pray for Dixon as he searches for employment.
- Please pray for Norm Nicholson as he recovers from bladder surgery, which he had in Alberta. Pray that he will
be able to join his family in Burkina Faso quickly.
- Calvary greetings from Pastor Simon Onyango in Uganda. The Lord continues to guide us in His work. We have
organized a leaders' conference 24th - 27th July 2017. Please pray with us that this exercise may go on well.
- Lendrum MB is hosting its 22nd Annual Community Pancake Breakfast with music and activities for all ages on
July 23rd from 9:00-11:30 am. Bring your neighbour or friends or just yourself and come on out to enjoy! If you
are interested in volunteering or sharing a musical/performance gift, please contact Sue Janzen at
- Camp Valaqua is eagerly seeking Adults with a willing heart and love of camp to help as Kitchen Volunteers
for most weeks of summer. Discounts are available to the children and grandchildren of volunteers. This is an
amazing opportunity to be a part of the Camp Valaqua story and see our young leaders in action! Please
contact the Valaqua office if you are able to help for a week or a part of a week. Valaqua@xplornet.com
- Mennonite Disaster Service (MDS) receiving financial donations for forest fires in British Columbia. People in
BC have already lost houses to the fires and we are planning for MDS volunteers to help in the recovery phase
of this disaster. MDS is accepting financial donations for that recovery. For further updates on the MDS
response and financial donations go to https://mds.mennonite.net/ or call the MDS office at 1-866-261-1274.
- Mennonite Church Alberta (MCA) is looking for a creative person to serve as Communications Assistant for 10
hours per week from July 30, 2017 to December 31, 2017. More details can be found on the MCA Website at
www.mennonitechurch.ab.ca. Applications are requested by July 24, 2017.
- Golf for MCC in Tofield. Support MCC's work in Food projects. More info and registration at
mccab.ca/golf-tofield. Early bird registration: by Aug 15 for a chance to win a Fitbit!
- MCC Alberta is inviting applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE) Manager for the Edmonton Thrift Shop.
Application deadline is Sept 11. For more information contact Iliana at email@example.com. To view full job
description and to apply, please visit bit.ly/EdmontonMCCThrift
- MCC Alberta Annual General Meeting: Sept 30, 2017 - to be hosted at the Springridge Mennonite Church in
Pincher Creek. Guest speaker Alex Awad. Coffee at 9:30 am, meeting to start at 10 am. Everyone Welcome!
- Peace Bursary: MCC Alberta is now accepting applications for the annual Peace Bursary. Five bursaries ($300
each) are available for post-secondary students interested in peacebuilding. Visit mccab.ca/peace-bursary to
apply online! Deadline: Aug. 25
- In response to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s call to adopt and comply with the United Nations
Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, Mennonite Church Canada has recently created a beautiful
book of poetry and prayer reflecting on each article of the Declaration. Borrow or purchase from CommonWord
- Assembly Registration is open! You are invited to register for the October 13-15 special 2017 Assembly in
NEXT SUNDAY (23rd)
- Worship Leader: Sue
- Music Team: Joyce, Eun Jin
- Children’s Feature: Werner
- Scripture Reader:
- Sound: Max
- Ushers: Dave, Garth
- Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
- Food Bank: Tuesday (25th) Hosts: Diane, Doreen; Set up: Dave
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.