|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Joanne De Jong
Worship Leader: Ed
Music: Ruth, Emily
|Greeters: Grace, Helena
Ushers: Eunice, Antoinette
July 14, 2019
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 28 - Breathe upon us, Holy Spirit
HWB 506 - I Sought the Lord
STJ 18 - Over my Head
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Ruth
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 558 - When the storms of Life are raging
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 43:1-7, Matt 14: 22-33 (Page 759, 1024) ~ Josh C, Mary B
Meditation: “Walking to Jesus” ~ Joanne De Jong
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 575 - Precious Lord, take my hand
- Food Bank: Tuesday (16th) - Hosts:
- Save the Date! Sunday, August 11th will be our annual church Service in Holyrood Park with First Church of
God and Braemar Baptist Church. Mark your calendars to join us outside at the park to worship God in the
beauty of His creation.
- Please pray for Godfrey, as his home in Hoima was robbed again this week.
- Pray for Amie’s mom, who is not feeling well.
- Thank God that Joyce is recovering from illness and surgery, and is home from the hospital.
- Please pray for Sahr as he recovers from a car accident. Pray also for his boss who was in an accident as well.
Pray for safety in his job as driver instructor.
- Pray for recovery for Brock as he has hurt his shoulder.
- Pray for Thomas’ mom who is in hospital in Lofa. Pray for a safe journey as Thomas and Sahr’s mother will go
for a visit.
- Please pray for Amie’s dad who has been in pain on and off for a year.
- Reuben is now home from hospital, but has a long road to recovery. He has a blood clot in his lungs and pain in
his bones, making walking difficult. Continue to keep him, his family, and the South Sudanese Church in your
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to regularly attend church: Ray
and Ginnie Brubaker, George Varghese.
- Golf for MCC in Tofield, Sept 7. Support MCC's international and local ministry! More info and registration at
- Grow Hope with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land for $300 in fields
near Carstairs and Fort Saskatchewan and your donation will grow to as much as $2,500 for food assistance
work in the developing world. The farmers will farm the land and forward the proceeds to MCC & CFGB. Learn
more at mccab.ca/grow-hope
- Save the date for the MCC Conference - Sept 28 in Calgary. More details to come.
- Are you interested in working on the peace agenda with Project Ploughshares, Edmonton? Ploughshares
Edmonton annually recognizes Edmontonians who have made a significant contribution to building peace in
Edmonton and organizes the Hiroshima memorial. If this interests you and you would like more information,
please call Dave Hubert at 780-462-6234 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuition Assistance for Post-Secondary Students - MCA offers tuition assistance for any MCA students
attending a post-secondary Mennonite / Anabaptist affiliated institution or program. Application is available at
www.mennonitechurch.ab.ca. Deadline to apply is July 31, 2019.
- Ride for Refuge 2019 - Join Mennonite Church Canada October 5, 2019, partnering with the Ride for Refuge
in raising support for International Witness ministry. The Ride takes place in major cities across Canada, at the
same time on the same day. Last year, 75 riders on 12 teams raised just under $20,000 in support of
Mennonite Church Canada International Witness ministry. Please join us again this year! Register at:
https://rideforrefuge.org/register Questions or more information, please contact Jason Martin Director,
International Witness: email@example.com
- New Executive Minister: Surrounded by friends and colleagues, Doug Klassen was installed as Executive
Minister of Mennonite Church Canada on June 29, 2019. Recalling his baptismal vows in Vineland, ON many
years ago, Doug expressed excitement and hope in moving together as a nationwide community of faith. "What
an incredible honour it is to link arms with all of you and to walk together in to the future of Mennonite Church
Canada." - Doug Klassen
NEXT SUNDAY (21st)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Thomas
- Music Team: African Team
- Scripture Reader: Venisa
- Children’s Feature: Helena C
- Greeters: Ann, Doreen
- Ushers: Brock, Carol
- Food Bank (23rd): Hosts:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.