|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: CJ
Music: African Team
|Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
Ushers: Ben, Garth
January 28, 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: Insert - Praising the Lord Always
What Shall I Render to You Oh God!
You Are Great!
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Helena C
Sunday School is dismissed for ages 4 - Grade 4 ~ Teacher: Esther
Share & Prayer
Song: We Will Celebrate Our God
Scripture Reading: Psalm 62:5-12, Mark 1:14-20 (Page 604, 1045) ~ Bokolo
Meditation: “Disciples Making New Disciples” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: It is Marvelous
- Food Bank: Tuesday (30th) Hosts: Diane, Doreen; Set up:
- Council Meeting: Tuesday (30th) at 6:30 pm
- Child dedication and potluck: On Sunday, February 11th, we will have a child dedication for Sahr and Mary’s
daughter Perpetual. Following the service we will celebrate by sharing a potluck meal.
- Mennonite Catholic Dialogue: A group of Mennonites and Roman Catholics meets regularly for conversations
concerning our faith traditions and common goals. You are invited to join the dialogue on February 23 at 7:00
pm at the Lendrum Church (11210 59 Ave NW). Come and hear how these meetings have impacted the people
who have walked this journey together. Refreshments will be served. For further information contact Ike Glick.
- Please pray for Jackson Boakai and the members of his family, as Jackson’s older brother has died in Liberia.
- Pray for our new elders as they adjust to their new roles on the Elder Board.
- Please pray for Chad Miller, the associate pastor at Foothills Mennonite Church in Calgary, as he received news
that his brother in New Zealand suddenly died. He was 48 and leaves behind a wife and three kids (12,14, 16).
Your prayers are greatly appreciated during this time.
- Please pray for Pastor Werner’s mother, as she recovers from surgery.
- The Mennonite Historical Society of Alberta is pleased to announce that The Exhibit – Along the Road to
Freedom – Mennonite women of courage and faith – Twenty Six paintings by Winnipeg artist Ray Dirks. These
paintings honor women who brought their children out of the Soviet Union to lives of peace and freedom in
Canada and Paraguay. Edmonton: Exhibit on display at King's University until Feb 6
- Missions Fest Alberta: Our 24th Annual Conference will be held February 23 to 25 at West Edmonton Christian
Assembly in Edmonton. Theme: " Do you want The King to come? …then finish The Job!" Activities include:
Prayer Room; General Assemblies; Panel Discussion with Keynote Speakers; Sing to the Nations; Missions Fest
Luncheon**; Intensive Training Days** (Great Commission Coaching, Connections for Women and Men on a
Mission); Exhibitors (local, national & international mission organizations, camps, Bible colleges and
universities) & feature areas (Missions Search Centre & Prayer Area); Resources; Festival Stage; Seminars;
Praying for the Nations; Missions Cinema; Youth and Young Adult Rally & Activities; Children’s Ministries; MFA
Store; and much more. Family Conference – No General Registration – Free Admission – Free-Will Offerings.
**Tickets and registration required for some activities, see www.mfest.ab.ca for more information. You will be
challenged to “Find Your Purpose; Make a Difference.”
- Online Registration is open for Summer 2018 www.campvalaqua.com (403) 637-2510 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you between the ages of 18-30, and looking to be challenged, and to learn, serve, and grow in your
faith? MCC is seeking applicants for the Serving and Learning Together (SALT) program to serve for 11 months
in a variety of assignments in Latin America, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East! For more information or to apply
please visit mcccanada.ca/salt
- Mennonite Disaster Service would like to invite to their All-Unit Meeting in Winkler, MB on Feb 9-10. This
event is a time of sharing and celebration of the work of MDS the past year. For more information or to register
please visit our website, mds.mennonite.net/all-unit-meeting/ or call us at 1-866-261-1274.
- Coldest Night of the Year: On February 24th people across Canada will be participating in the Coldest Night
of the Year, a winter walk in support of ending homelessness, and you can be a part of it! Visit cnoy.org to find
out how to participate as an individual or team, or to sponsor a team! (Supported by The Mustard Seed)
- Camp Valaqua Fundraiser: Foothills Mennonite in Calgary is hosting Trivia Night on Saturday Feb 10 @ 6:30
pm. Teams of 6-8 will compete for a the prize. All are welcome – invite neighbours, friends and relatives to join.
Intergenerational teams are encouraged. Observers also welcome. If you are having trouble forming a team,
contact Kevin Stoesz and he will connect you. Admission will be $20 at the door and includes a dessert. Please
RVSP your team beforehand with Kevin Stoesz (email: email@example.com or phone: 403-464-1823).
NEXT SUNDAY (4th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Jackson
- Music Team: Joyce, Rabea
- Children’s Feature: Puppets
- Sunday School Teacher: Theresa
- Scripture Reader: Zipporah
- Greeters: Faye, Helena
- Ushers: Eunice, Thomas
- Food Bank (6th) Host(s): Ben, Pearl; Set up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.