|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Randy Haluza-DeLay
Worship Leader: Joyce
Music: Joyce, Eun Jin
|Greeters: Ann, Ike
Ushers: Thomas, Roland
January 21, 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 648 - Morning has broken
HWB 46 - I sing the mighty power of God
HWB 343 - My hope is built on nothing less
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Diane
Sunday School is dismissed for ages 4 - Grade 4 ~ Teacher: Dorathy
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 338 - I know not why God's wondrous
Scripture Reading: John 1:43-51, Ephesians 3:4-10 (Page 1110, 1225)
Meditation: Randy Haluza-DeLay
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 51 - Let the whole creation cry
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (23rd) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome to
- Food Bank: Tuesday (23rd) Hosts: Diane, Doreen; Set up:
- Women’s Group: Wednesday (24th) at 7 pm at the church. Come and be encouraged!
- Pray for our new elders as they adjust to their new roles on the Elder Board.
- Please pray for Chad Miller, the associate pastor at Foothills Mennonite Church in Calgary, as he received news
that his brother in New Zealand suddenly died. He was 48 and leaves behind a wife and three kids (12,14, 16).
Your prayers are greatly appreciated during this time.
- Please pray for Pastor Werner’s mother, as she recovers from surgery.
- Pray for Esther’s uncle, as he has suffered a stroke.
- Please continue to pray for Helena’s co-worker, Diana.
- Missions Fest Alberta: Our 24th Annual Conference will be held February 23 to 25 at West Edmonton Christian
Assembly in Edmonton. Theme: " Do you want The King to come? …then finish The Job!" Activities include:
Prayer Room; General Assemblies; Panel Discussion with Keynote Speakers; Sing to the Nations; Missions Fest
Luncheon**; Intensive Training Days** (Great Commission Coaching, Connections for Women and Men on a
Mission); Exhibitors (local, national & international mission organizations, camps, Bible colleges and
universities) & feature areas (Missions Search Centre & Prayer Area); Resources; Festival Stage; Seminars;
Praying for the Nations; Missions Cinema; Youth and Young Adult Rally & Activities; Children’s Ministries; MFA
Store; and much more. Family Conference – No General Registration – Free Admission – Free-Will Offerings.
**Tickets and registration required for some activities, see www.mfest.ab.ca for more information. You will be
challenged to “Find Your Purpose; Make a Difference.”
- Canadian Mennonite University's "Faith & Science" series will feature guest lecturer Dr. Rick Lindroth,
University of Wisconsin on Tuesday, Jan 30 at 7:00 pm, Marpeck Commons (2299 Grant ave, Winnipeg). His
subject will be "Science as a Way of Knowing: the Pursuit of Truth in a Post-Truth World." The public is invited.
For more information see: cmu.ca/events
- Are you between the ages of 18-30, and looking to be challenged, and to learn, serve, and grow in your
faith? MCC is seeking applicants for the Serving and Learning Together (SALT) program to serve for 11 months
in a variety of assignments in Latin America, Africa, Asia, and the Middle East! For more information or to apply
please visit mcccanada.ca/salt
- Mennonite Disaster Service would like to invite to their All-Unit Meeting in Winkler, MB on Feb 9-10. This
event is a time of sharing and celebration of the work of MDS the past year. For more information or to register
please visit our website, mds.mennonite.net/all-unit-meeting/ or call us at 1-866-261-1274.
- Coldest Night of the Year: On February 24th people across Canada will be participating in the Coldest Night
of the Year, a winter walk in support of ending homelessness, and you can be a part of it! Visit cnoy.org to find
out how to participate as an individual or team, or to sponsor a team! (Supported by The Mustard Seed)
- Camp Valaqua Fundraiser: Foothills Mennonite in Calgary is hosting Trivia Night on Saturday Feb 10 @ 6:30
pm. Teams of 6-8 will compete for a the prize. All are welcome – invite neighbours, friends and relatives to join.
Intergenerational teams are encouraged. Observers also welcome. If you are having trouble forming a team,
contact Kevin Stoesz and he will connect you. Admission will be $20 at the door and includes a dessert. Please
RVSP your team beforehand with Kevin Stoesz (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 403-464-1823).
NEXT SUNDAY (28th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: CJ
- Music Team: African Team
- Children’s Feature: Helena C
- Sunday School Teacher: Esther
- Scripture Reader: Bokolo
- Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
- Ushers: Ben, Garth
- Food Bank (30rd) Host(s): Diane, Doreen; Set up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.