|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Abe Janzen
Worship Leader: Joseph
Music: Joyce, Eun Jin
|Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
February 23, 2020
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: STJ 42 - Listen, God is calling
STJ 86 - Taste and See
STJ 17 - Halle, Halle, Hallelujah
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Joyce
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 416 - For Christ and the church
Scripture Reading: Galatians 5:22-23 (Page 1222) ~ Edward
Meditation: “The Quiet Prophets?” ~ Abe Janzen
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 229 - Lord, you have come to the lakeshore
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (25th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome
to join us!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (25th) Hosts: Doreen, Diane
- Council Meeting: Tuesday (25th) at 6:30 pm.
- We will be celebrating Communion together next Sunday, March 1. Please take time this week to prepare
- The memorial service for Ruth Virginia (Ginny) Brubaker will be held at Lendrum Mennonite Church on
February 28 at 1 PM. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Mennonite Central Committee.
- Pray for Werner and family, as they grieve the loss of his mother. Please especially hold up Werner’s father in
prayer, as he had been married for 60 years.
- Please continue to pray for healing for Helena’s carpal tunnel. Praise that it has been improving.
- Please pray for Gertrude for quick recovery from her surgery.
- Please keep Jill Taniguchi in your prayers, as she began her treatments for breast cancer.
- Praise that Reuben Tut, the pastor of the Edmonton South Sudanese Mennonite Church, is recovering from
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to regularly attend church: Ray
Brubaker, George Varghese.
- Carnival of Cultures! On Saturday afternoon, March 14, you are invited to a Carnival of Cultures (hosted at
Lendrum Mennonite Church, 11210 59 Ave). Learn about the history of EMCN, listen to stories of newcomers,
and enjoy international food and music. There will be activities for children and grownups, and opportunities to
donate to EMCN's Embrace Campaign to renovate our Language Centre for Newcomers. See the poster on the
bulletin board for more details.
- Come learn about our brother and sister Mennonites in Burkina Faso, West Africa: Sunday, March 15 at
12:30 pm. Pastor Siaka Traoré, from the Église Évangelique Mennonite du Burkina Faso will be at First
Mennonite Church (3650 91 Street) for a casual lunch and conversation. He will also be speaking about the
quickly changing peace witness for the church in the context of growing tension from increasing radical Jihadist
attacks. You are welcome to join us for lunch and conversation. To help with lunch planning, please RSVP Cari
Friesen Buhr at 780-461-9459 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- New site, new name: Mennonite Church Alberta's new website was launched on Tuesday, February 11. In
conjunction with the launch, mennonitechurch.ab.ca has moved to mcab.ca - Come see the new look!
- MCA annual meetings are March 20-21 at Edmonton First Mennonite. Be a delegate or represent your church
at these sessions. Year 1: Encountering, Embracing, Embodying Christ in Life will be launched. Registration is
- MCC Alberta welcomes applications for the MCC Alberta Interim Executive Director position. Interested
individuals are asked to apply online at mcccanada.ca/serve by March 1st, 2020. Any inquiries regarding this
position can be sent to email@example.com.
- Summerfest: Handmade Market & Auction – Celebrate MCC's centennial year of relief, development and
peace at the relief sale! This year’s relief sale will be held at Millennium Place in Sherwood Park, Alberta on May
22 – 23, 2020. For full details visit: mccreliefsale.com.
- You are invited to - SAVE THE DATES - June 5, 6 & 7, 2020 - in LA CRETE for the Mennonite Historical Society
of Alberta Annual General Meeting & Spring Conference - June 6, La Crete Heritage Centre, Registration $20.00,
Guest Speakers: Susan Siemens - La Crete - Mennonites in the Peace Country and Dr. Colin Neufeldt -
Edmonton - Russian Mennonite History. If you want to ride on the luxury bus going to the conference on June
5, please call Dave Toews 780-218-7411 or firstname.lastname@example.org ($110/pp) Poster on bulletin board.
- RJC Choirs & Cakes - March 15 @ 7:00pm, RJC Auditorium. Come for an evening of desserts and choral music
as we auction off cakes in support of Rosthern Junior College. Featuring performances by Coro Nova, RJC
ManChoir, & RJC Singers. Tickets not required. Rush seating. Call (306) 232-4222 if you have any questions.
NEXT SUNDAY (1st)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Jackson
- Music: Ruth, Emily
- Children’s Feature: Ruth
- Scripture Reader: Mary
- Greeters: Doreen, Ann
- Usher: Garth
- Food Bank (3rd): Host(s) Ben, Pearl
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.