|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Paul Bergen
Worship Leader: Joyce
Music: Gordon's Team
|Greeters: Millie, Faye
Ushers: Garth, Thomas
August 27, 2017
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 14 - Come we that love the Lord
Blessed be the name of the Lord
They'll know we are Christians
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Puppets
There is no Children’s Sunday School for the summer
MVS Sharing: Ruth Rohde
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 322 - For We are Strangers no more
Scripture Reading: Genesis 14 (page 13)
Meditation: “Good Guests” ~ Paul Bergen
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 403 - The church of Christ in every age
- TODAY! Parents and teachers of Sunday School children, please meet Joyce in the library after church on
August 27th. Joyce will share about the Sunday School Program for this year and answer any questions you
- Food Bank: Tuesday (29th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl; Set up: Dave
- Pastoral Vacation: Please be aware that Pastor Werner will be on holidays from August 13 to September 4.
- Edmonton MCC Thrift Shop needs volunteers! We need sorters, pricers and small appliance testers. We
are also looking for volunteers to pick up used furniture once a week. For more information please call Lorie at
- Pray for Ruthiee De Jong and Daniel Moniz as they are married this Friday, and begin the journey together as
husband and wife.
- Please continue to keep the Lauber family in your prayers, as they mourn the loss of Whilma.
- Please pray for Eunice’s immigration application for her daughter Ruth and grandson David.
- Pray for traveling mercies for Thomas as he is in Liberia.
- Pray for justice for Ann’s brother, Vince.
- Praise God for a successful surgery for Aaron, who is now back at work. Pray for a full recovery.
- Pray God’s comfort for Eunice and her family, as she mourns her husband Thomas.
- North Edmonton Ministry: Please buy tickets for the Edmonton Muslim Film Festival called "Mosquers",
September 9 at the Winspear. www.themosquers.com/tickets/
- Golf for MCC in Tofield. Sat. Sept 9. Support MCC's work in Food projects. More info and registration at
mccab.ca/golf-tofield. If you would like to give to MCC, consider sponsoring David Lefever who will be
golfing at this tournament.
- On September 27, 2017 The Mustard Seed is hosting “End Poverty Edmonton” at Commonwealth Stadium
Green and Gold Room. The event will start at 1:30 pm and end at 3:00 pm. Councillor Michael Walters will be in
attendance and light snacks/refreshments will be provided. We would love to have you join us! Please RSVP by
September 4, 2017 to Morgan Shott at (780) 233-3008 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Edmonton MCC Thrift Shop Board will continue receiving applicants interested in the position of Thrift
Shop Manager until September 11th. All interested applicants please apply at
- MCC Alberta Annual General Meeting: Sept 30, 2017 - to be hosted at the Springridge Mennonite Church in
Pincher Creek. Guest speaker Alex Awad a Palestinian Christian. Coffee at 9:30 am, meeting to start at 10 am.
- HELP DISPLACED PEOPLE IN DR CONGO: Conflict in the Kasai region of the Democratic Republic of the
Congo has displaced 1.4 million people, including 8,000 Mennonites. A Congolese assessment team found a
severe lack of food and increasing malnutrition. Families left their fields and animals and food that is available
is very expensive. An Anabaptist response is underway by Congolese Mennonite and Mennonite Brethren relief
committees, coordinated by MCC and supported by global and Canada- and U.S.-based Anabaptist
organizations. Your gift will help provide food, household items and shelter supplies. Donate online at
mcccanada.ca/congo-relief or by phone, 1-888-622-6337; mail cheques to your local MCC office. Please pray for
those who have been forced from their homes, and those hosting them.
- Mennonite Disaster Service (MDS) receiving financial donations for forest fires in British Columbia. People in
BC have already lost houses to the fires and we are planning for MDS volunteers to help in the recovery phase
of this disaster. For further updates on the MDS response and financial donations go to
https://mds.mennonite.net/ or call the MDS office at 1-866-261-1274.
- Special Delegate Assembly 2017 (Oct. 13-15, Wpg.): Discernment Documents are now available at
www.futuredirectionsmc.ca. These documents share important background and proposals for the
re-organization of our Five Area Churches and MC Canada. Register for Special Assembly by September 8 and
save $$. Register online at http://home.mennonitechurch.ca/winnipeg2017.
- Celebrate the 10 Teams that have already registered for Ride for Refuge Team on Saturday, Sept. 30!
Become a team captain and encourage the ministry of Witness workers who live far from home and familes as
they serve the church through International Minsitry. Register at
https://rideforrefuge.org/charity/mennonitechurchca or contact Jason Martin at email@example.com or
NEXT SUNDAY (3rd)
- Speaker: Patrick Kukanu
- Worship Leader: Jackson
- Music Team: African Team
- Children’s Feature: Ike
- Scripture Reader:
- Sound: Ron
- Ushers: Ron, Roland
- Greeters: Ike, Millie
- Food Bank: Tuesday (5th) Hosts: Diane; Set up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.