|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Stewart Combs
Worship Leader: Sue
Music: African Team
|Greeters: Ann, Millie
Ushers: Antoinette, Thomas
April 8, 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: If I Don’t Praise You
My Jesus Promised He Will Never Fail
You Are Lord
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Werner
Sunday School is dismissed for ages 4 - Grade 4 ~ Teacher: Theresa
Share & Prayer
Song: Joy Overflows My Heart
Scripture Reading: Philippians 4: 4 - 8 (Page 1232)
Meditation: “Rejoice Always?” ~ Stewart Combs
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: Glory be to God in the Highest
I Never Knew
- Discipleship Circle: Today, Sunday (8th) at 7 pm in the church basement.
- Fellowship Breakfasts: Tuesday (10th) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall. All are welcome!
- Food Bank: Tuesday (10th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl; Set up:
- Women’s Group: Wednesday (11th) at 7 pm at the church.
- CM Now: Stay up to date with Mennonites in Canada and beyond by signing up for CM Now, a free newsletter
that comes directly to your email inbox every two weeks. You’ll find quick links to recent Canadian Mennonite
web stories, plus items for you and your church to pray about. Go to
- WAHOO!-REGISTRATION IS OPEN for the annual MCA Women's retreat which will be held June 8-10, 2018
at the Sunnyside Retreat Centre in Sylvan Lake. Our speaker is Rachel Miller Jacobs, Associate Professor of
Congregational Formation at AMBS and the theme will be "Ordinary Forgiveness". Come relax, laugh, and be
strengthened in your walk with Christ and connect with other women from across the province. Registration is
open online at www.mcawomen.ca. All are welcome!
- Pray for Joyce’s sister, Doris, who has breast cancer.
- Pray for Grace, as she recovers from malaria.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to attend church on a regular
basis: Ray and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, Hannah Loewen, George Varghese, Paul White.
- Te Deum Singers present All Good Gifts, Sunday April 8 (TODAY!) At 2 pm at Lendrum Mennonite Church
(11210 - 59 Ave). A choral concert to welcome Spring 2018! Admission by donation.
- MCC Edmonton Thrift Shop (ETS) is Moving! At the end of July, ETS will have a new home on the west side
of Edmonton, 12343-149 Street. There is a lot to do and we need your help! Renovations began in the new
location on April 3 and we welcome all skilled and unskilled volunteer labour. A task list will be made available
to your congregation in the near future so you can sign up, or contact the Board chair, Margot Brunn, for more
- Waterpark Fun! MCA's Youth Leadership Team (YLT) announces Waterpark weekend for Senior Youth on April
20 - 21 - First Mennonite will host a youth event Friday evening. Saturday will be a day to waterslide at World
Waterpark in West Edmonton Mall! The RJC Choralle will join us for the afternoon at West Ed. Email
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Benefit Concert: You are invited to a CPI benefit concert by Excentrica at 7:00 P.M. on April 22 at the Lendrum
Mennonite Church at 11210-59 Ave. Enjoy good music, good fellowship and good food at the reception to follow
the concert while you support the work of CPI in Honduras in promoting land justice for poor peasants, and
education for students whose schools end in Grade 6.
- You Are invited!! April 23 at 7 pm at First Mennonite Church - Ever wonder what the Mennonite Central
Committee does with your donation dollars in Africa? Come hear Ken and Laura Litwiller, MCC's area directors
for East Africa (Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, South Sudan, North Sudan, and Uganda) talk about their work. This
is of extra interest to us in Mennonite Church Alberta as two of our member churches, the South Sudanese and
the new Bethel International Church Oromo Edmonton Congregation (Ethiopian), have many current family and
friend connections in these countries. Coffee and snacks will be served.
- Blue Quills University Learning Tour (http://www.bluequills.ca/) : Join a field trip to this unique First
Nations university near St. Paul, Alberta. Learn more about the school's history and its commitment to the
integration of Indigenous and modern ways of knowing. Cost is $75 per adult. Participants will meet Saturday,
May 12 at 8:00 a.m. at the Fort Saskatchewan Safeway plaza @ the corner of Highways 15 and 22, bus to the
site, and return about 5:00 p.m. Please contact Jim Shantz with MCC Alberta (email@example.com) with any
questions or to indicate interest in participating.
- Online Registration is open for Summer 2018 www.campvalaqua.com (403) 637-2510
- MCC Charity Auction and Sale - June 1 & 2 at Didsbury Memorial Complex. Please consider what you could
donate! Quilts, woodwork, pottery, crafts, tickets for a hockey game, or theatre - all proceeds support
international ministries. For more information or to register donated items, please visit mccreliefsale.com
- MCC Learning Tour to Nepal - November 2018 - Learn first-hand about the ministry of MCC and our partners
in Nepal, including the ongoing earthquake response. For more info, visit mccab.ca/lt-nepal
NEXT SUNDAY (15th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Ike
- Music Team: Joyce, Eun Jin
- Children’s Feature: Diane
- Sunday School Teacher: Hajah
- Greeters: Faye, Helena
- Ushers: Brock, Carol
- Scripture Reader: Mary
- Food Bank (17th) Host(s): Ben, Pearl
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.