|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Sue
Music: Joyce, Eun Jin
|Greeters: Ike, Millie
Ushers: Ike, Millie
April 28, 2019
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: HWB 37 - Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
STJ 19 - I will call upon the Lord
STJ 29 - You are all we have
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Puppets
Share & Prayer
Song: HWB 336 - When peace, like a river
Scripture Reading: Psalm 150, Rev 1:4-8 (Page 662, 1286) ~ Venisa
Meditation: "Identifying With Jesus" ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: HWB 522 - My Jesus, I love thee
- Food Bank: Tuesday (30th) - Hosts: Ben, Pearl; Set up:
- Council Meeting: Tuesday (30th) at 6:30 pm.
- Women’s Group: Wednesday (1st) at 7 pm at the church.
- Werner will be out of the office from May 3 to May 9 to attend Pastor’s Conference.
- Hello Edmonton Area MCC Supporters! Ken and Laura Litwiller, Area Directors for MCC East Africa, are in
town. You are very welcome to come hear them: Sunday (28th) at 3 pm - Preaching at the South Sudanese
Mennonite Church, 6505 - 140 Ave or Tuesday (30th) at 10 am - Coffee time discussion at Lendrum, 11210 - 59
- Camp Valaqua Work Day: Saturday (4th) 9 am - 4 pm: Join us to help get camp ready for summer! Wood
splitting, tipi setup, brush clearing, and cleaning are on the agenda. We'll feed you lunch and provide snacks!
The event begins at 9am and wraps up by 4pm. Contact the camp office (403-6378-2510,
Valaqua@xplornet.com) if you have any questions.
- From Donna at North Edmonton Ministry: We are looking for volunteers to teach English one morning a
week, now until the end of June. The program starts again in September. Contact Donna or Kim at
- Please pray for Helena’s co worker, Diana.
- Pray for Alma, as she nears the end of her life.
- Pray for Ike’s son, John, to find a place to rent so he can have an extended visit here.
- Please pray for Godfrey, whose brother was killed. Also he has had a break in at his place.
- Please pray for Theresa, who was deported to Mexico.
- Please pray for Loren Entz, husband to Donna of NEM. He was hospitalized twice and most recently with
balance issues, diagnosed as a small stroke.
- Pray for Florence as she recovers from her hip replacement surgery.
- Pray for Ruth’s sister Betty as she continues radiation treatment.
- Pray for Arthur from Uganda to find work and to be granted a work visa.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to regularly attend church: Ray
and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, George Varghese.
- Canadian Mennonite University (CMU) Singers in concert during their post-grad tour, on Wednesday, May
1, at 7 pm at Lendrum Church (11210 - 59 Ave) Join us for an evening of choral music; Dr. Janet Brenneman,
Conductor with Dr. Cheryl Pauls, President - Admission and parking are free. An offering will be taken.
- Welcoming Refugees and Migrants in our Community, May 5. The Social Justice Institute invites members of
Edmonton area faith communities for a one day workshop. Stories from recent refugees and those working
within local community agencies, with practical suggestions and resources to help faith congregations
accompany and support refugees and migrants. For more information, go to www.newman.edu/sji
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the annual MCA Women's retreat, which will be held June 7-9, at the
beautiful Sunnyside Retreat Centre in Sylvan Lake. Just go to www.mcawomen.ca for registration and retreat
information. Details on bulletin board.
- The MCC Sale, Auction and Handmade Market - May 31 & June 1 at Coaldale Sportsplex. Please consider
what you could donate! Quilts, woodwork, pottery, crafts, tickets for a hockey game, or theatre - all proceeds
support MCC. For more information or to register donated items, please visit mccreliefsale.com
- My Coins Count - Collect your coins for The MCC Sale on May 31 & June 1 at the Coaldale Sportsplex! Funds
collected will support Nepal water projects. Paper money is gladly received too! For more information, please
- Grow Hope with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land for $300 on one
of our four fields (near Carstairs and Fort Saskatchewan) and the donation could grow to as much as $2,500 for
food assistance work in the developing world. Proceeds to MCC & CFGB. Learn more at mccab.ca/grow-hope
- Christian Faith Studies: Lethbridge Mennonite May 13-15. Biblical Storytelling: transformative power of
storytelling with Ken Quiring. Evening sessions open to public. To register or for more information -
- Shake: Rattled by the Radical (Grades 6-12) - July 28-August 1, Shekinah Summer Camp, SK. Early bird
registration deadline extended to Friday, May 3! No payment is due at registration, pending distribution of
bursaries. Visit www.prairieyouth.ca for all the details. For MCA bursary, please contact Chad Miller
- MCA offers tuition assistance for any MCA students attending a post-secondary Mennonite / Anabaptist
affiliated institution or program. Please visit www.mennonitechurch.ab.ca to download an application. Deadline
is July 31, 2019.
- Gathering 2019: Registration is now open. June 28 - July 1 in Abbotsford, BC. Join the inspirational gathering
with guest speaker Dr. Elaine Heath. At Gathering 2019, Heath will consider how the emergence of new
expressions of church “can open our collective imagination.” Register at ignitegathering2019.ca
- Foothills Mennonite Guest House: Know anyone coming to Calgary for medical treatments and needs a place
to stay? In operation since 2007, the purpose of Foothills Mennonite Guest House is to provide a safe,
comfortable, welcoming place for anyone who has loved ones in the hospital in Calgary. More information is
available on their website: guesthouse.foothillsmennonite.ca
NEXT SUNDAY (5th)
- Speaker: Stewart Combs
- Worship Leader: CJ
- Music Team: Ruth, Emily
- Scripture Reader:
- Children’s Feature: Ruth
- Greeters: Doreen, Ann
- Ushers: Garth, Brock
- Food Bank (7th): Hosts: Doreen; Set-up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.