|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Ed
Music: Gordon's Team
|Greeters: Ike, Millie
Ushers: Eunice, Dave
April 21, 2019
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship: (based on Psalm 118)
Leader: Christ is risen!
People: Christ is risen, indeed!
Leader: O give thanks to the Lord, for God is good;
People: God’s faithful love endures forever.
Leader: The stone the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.
People: This is the Lord’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.
Leader: This is the day the Lord has made;
People: let us be glad and rejoice in it.
Leader: Christ is risen!
People: Christ is risen, indeed!
Songs: HWB 273/PPT - Low in the grave He lay
PPT - In Christ alone
HWB 267 - Christ has arisen
Offering: That Easter Morn
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Helena C
Share & Prayer
Song: PPT - The wonder of your cross
Scripture Reading: Isaiah 65:17-25, Luke 24:1-12 (Page 785, 1106) ~ Mary
Meditation: "Easter People" ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Celebration of Communion
Song: PPT - Because He lives
- Fellowship Breakfast: Tuesday (23rd) at 7 am at the Albert’s Restaurant in Capilano Mall.
- Food Bank: Tuesday (23rd) - Hosts: Ben, Pearl; Set up:
- Prayer meeting and Bible study: Wednesday (24th) at 7 pm in the church basement. Our weekly meeting will
continue through the month of April. All are welcome!
- Worship Committee: Friday (26th) at 2:30 pm.
- From Donna at North Edmonton Ministry: We are looking for volunteers to teach English one morning a
week, now until the end of June. The program starts again in September. Contact Donna or Kim at
- Please pray for Joanne as she is in Liberia. She returns April 23.
- Please pray for Loren Entz, husband to Donna of NEM. He was hospitalized twice and most recently with
balance issues, diagnosed as a small stroke.
- Pray for Florence as she recovers from her hip replacement surgery.
- Pray for Ruth’s sister Betty as she continues radiation treatment.
- Pray for Arthur from Uganda to find work and to be granted a work visa.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to attend church on a regular
basis: Ray and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, George Varghese.
- Ten Thousand Villages AGM: Wednesday April 24 at 7 pm, at Lendrum Church 11210 59 Ave. Please bring
$10 to renew your membership and bring along anyone else that is interested in becoming a member.
- Camp Valaqua Work Day May 4, 9-4 : Join us to help get camp ready for summer! Wood splitting, tipi setup,
brush clearing, and cleaning are on the agenda. We'll feed you lunch and provide snacks! The event begins at
9am and wraps up by 4pm. Contact the camp office (403-6378-2510, Valaqua@xplornet.com) if you have any
- Welcoming Refugees and Migrants in our Community, May 5. The Social Justice Institute invites members of
Edmonton area faith communities for a one day workshop. Stories from recent refugees and those working
within local community agencies, with practical suggestions and resources to help faith congregations
accompany and support refugees and migrants. For more information, go to www.newman.edu/sji
- REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the annual MCA Women's retreat, which will be held June 7-9, at the
beautiful Sunnyside Retreat Centre in Sylvan Lake. Just go to www.mcawomen.ca for registration and retreat
information We are blessed to have Irma Fast-Dueck, Associate Professor of Practical Theology at Canadian
Mennonite University (CMU) as our special speaker on the theme: The Faces of Mary- companion on the
journey. This retreat is always a wonderful time of fellowship with women from many cultures and churches
and a chance to grow in our faith. Would love to see you!
- The MCC Sale, Auction and Handmade Market - May 31 & June 1 at Coaldale Sportsplex. Please consider
what you could donate! Quilts, woodwork, pottery, crafts, tickets for a hockey game, or theatre - all proceeds
support MCC. For more information or to register donated items, please visit mccreliefsale.com
- My Coins Count - Collect your coins for The MCC Sale on May 31 & June 1 at the Coaldale Sportsplex! Funds
collected will support Nepal water projects. Paper money is gladly received too! For more information, please
- Grow Hope with MCC Alberta & Canadian Foodgrains Banks (CFGB): Sponsor an acre of land for $300 on one
of our four fields (near Carstairs and Fort Saskatchewan) and the donation could grow to as much as $2,500 for
food assistance work in the developing world. The farmers will farm the land and forward the proceeds to MCC &
CFGB. Learn more at mccab.ca/grow-hope
- Celebrating Doug and Rose: Foothills Mennonite invites you to join the celebration of Doug and Rose on
Sunday, April 28 at 7 pm at the church. Any notes, prayers, blessings, etc. for Doug and Rose, can be emailed
to the church office - Office@foothillsmennonite.ca.
- Gathering 2019: Registration is now open. June 28 - July 1 in Abbotsford, BC. Join the inspirational gathering
with guest speaker Dr. Elaine Heath. At Gathering 2019, Heath will consider how the emergence of new
expressions of church “can open our collective imagination.” Register at ignitegathering2019.ca
- Last Call for NAIITS applications! MC Canada's Indigenous-Settler Relations program wants to help sponsor
folks from across our nationwide church to attend NAIITS symposium 2019, exploring “Land and Place,” June
6-8, 2019 at Tyndale Seminary in Toronto. The deadline for applications is April 23. If you are interested, please
email Steve Heinrichs for details (email@example.com).
NEXT SUNDAY (28th)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Sue
- Music Team: Joyce, Eun Jin
- Scripture Reader: Venisa
- Children’s Feature: Puppets
- Greeters: Ruth, Guenther
- Ushers: Roland, Thomas
- Food Bank (30th): Hosts: Ben, Pearl; Set-up:
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.