|Office: 9505 - 79 Street
Werner De Jong
Speaker: Pastor Werner
Worship Leader: Ike
Music: Joyce, Eun Jin
|Greeters: Helena, Millie
Ushers: Brock, Carol
April 15, 2018
Welcome to Holyrood Mennonite Church
Sunday School ~ 9:30 am
Worship Service ~ 10:30 am
Welcome & Announcements
Call to Worship
Songs: STJ 43 - My faith has found a resting place
HWB 360 - Break thou the bread of life
HWB 341 - Jesus loves me
HEARING GOD'S WORD
Children’s Feature: Puppets
Sunday School is dismissed for ages 4 - Grade 4 ~ Teacher: Hajah
Share & Prayer
Song: STJ 27 - God of the Bible
Scripture Reading: Psalm 4, Luke 24:36-48 (Page 1232) ~ Mary
Meditation: “Telling the Great Story” ~ Pastor Werner
RESPONDING TO THE WORD
Song: Insert - Ancient Words
- Food Bank: Tuesday (17th) Hosts: Ben, Pearl; Set up:
- Elder’s Meeting: Friday (20th) at 6 pm at the church.
- There will be no Discipleship Circle next Sunday, April 22nd. Stay tuned for rescheduling.
- CM Now: Stay up to date with Mennonites in Canada and beyond by signing up for CM Now, a free newsletter
that comes directly to your email inbox every two weeks. You’ll find quick links to recent Canadian Mennonite
web stories, plus items for you and your church to pray about. Go to
- WAHOO!-REGISTRATION IS OPEN for the annual MCA Women's retreat which will be held June 8-10, 2018
at the Sunnyside Retreat Centre in Sylvan Lake. Our speaker is Rachel Miller Jacobs, Associate Professor of
Congregational Formation at AMBS and the theme will be "Ordinary Forgiveness". Come relax, laugh, and be
strengthened in your walk with Christ and connect with other women from across the province. Registration is
open online at www.mcawomen.ca. All are welcome!
- Pray for Alma Burkholder, who is in the hospital with low heart functions.
- Pray for Esther’s father in law, for healing for his foot.
- Pray for Stewart Combs’ wife, who has been diagnosed with low grade lymphoma.
- Pray for Eunice’s son David, and her daughter Ruth.
- Please pray for Sahr and his family, as they lost two cousins in Africa. Pray also for two others, who were in a
- Pray for Guenther’s friend, Margaret, as she transitions to the Glenrose care centre.
- Pray for Joyce’s sister, Doris, who has breast cancer.
- Please continue to remember and pray for our members who are no longer able to attend church on a regular
basis: Ray and Ginnie Brubaker, Alma Burkholder, Hannah Loewen, George Varghese, Paul White.
- MCC Edmonton Thrift Shop (ETS) is Moving! At the end of July, ETS will have a new home on the west side
of Edmonton, 12343-149 Street. There is a lot to do and we need your help! Renovations began in the new
location on April 3 and we welcome all skilled and unskilled volunteer labour. Contact the Board chair, Margot
Brunn, for more details.
- Waterpark Fun! MCA's Youth Leadership Team (YLT) announces Waterpark weekend for Senior Youth on April
20 - 21 - First Mennonite will host a youth event Friday evening. Saturday will be a day to waterslide at World
Waterpark in West Edmonton Mall! The RJC Choralle will join us for the afternoon at West Ed. Email
email@example.com for more information.
- Benefit Concert: You are invited to a CPI benefit concert by Excentrica at 7:00 P.M. on April 22 at the Lendrum
Mennonite Church at 11210-59 Ave. Enjoy good music, good fellowship and good food at the reception to follow
the concert while you support the work of CPI in Honduras in promoting land justice for poor peasants, and
education for students whose schools end in Grade 6.
- CANCELLED - Stories from East Africa with Ken & Laura Litwiller – Mon. April 23. The Litwillers have needed to
cancel their trip to Alberta for personal reasons.
- Along the Road to Freedom: Mennonite Women of Courage and Faith - come see the 26 paintings by Ray
Dirks, then stay for the Mennonite Historical Society of Alberta AGM. Saturday April 28 at 10:30 am in Coaldale
AB at the Gem of the West Museum. See poster for details.
- The Columbian Youth Choirs - Saturday April 28 at 7 pm at Grace United Church - 6215 104 Ave. See poster
on the bulletin board for more details.
- Camp Valaqua’s Spring Work Day is coming up on May 5. Join us as we prepare camp for summer. Help
split wood, set up tipis, and maybe even shovel snow! But hopefully not. We’ll get started at 9am. Lunch is
- Blue Quills University Learning Tour (http://www.bluequills.ca/) : Join a field trip to this unique First
Nations university near St. Paul, Alberta. Learn more about the school's history and its commitment to the
integration of Indigenous and modern ways of knowing. Cost is $75 per adult. Participants will meet Saturday,
May 12 at 8:00 a.m. at the Fort Saskatchewan Safeway plaza @ the corner of Highways 15 and 22, bus to the
site, and return about 5:00 p.m. Please contact Jim Shantz with MCC Alberta (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any
questions or to indicate interest in participating.
- Online Registration is open for Summer 2018 www.campvalaqua.com (403) 637-2510
- MCC Charity Auction and Sale - June 1 & 2 at Didsbury Memorial Complex. Please consider what you could
donate! Quilts, woodwork, pottery, crafts, tickets for a hockey game, or theatre - all proceeds support
international ministries. For more information or to register donated items, please visit mccreliefsale.com
- Opportunities to help at the MCC Charity Auction and Sale! We are looking for volunteers to help with food
booths, kids activity area, ticket sales, Friday night supper and many more. For more info, please contact Phil
- MCC Learning Tour to Nepal - November 2018 - Learn first-hand about the ministry of MCC and our partners
in Nepal, including the ongoing earthquake response. For more info, visit mccab.ca/lt-nepal
NEXT SUNDAY (22nd)
- Speaker: Pastor Werner
- Worship Leader: Ed
- Music Team: Gordon’s Team
- Children’s Feature: Joyce
- Sunday School Teacher: Dorathy
- Greeters: Ike, Millie
- Ushers: Eunice, Dave
- Scripture Reader: Edward
- Food Bank (24th) Host(s): Ben, Pearl
Apprentices of Jesus to share God's abundant hospitality with people of
all ages and cultures through the power of the Spirit.